INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New user here..  (Read 993 times)

vcrpro3

• Recent member
New user here..
« on: May 24, 2018, 11:22:04 am »

I am trying to set up the DLNA server in Medicenter 24. When i get into the web interface, i am asked for the user name and password. Where in any of the settings do i set or generate these? I did go so far as to enter the Tools>Options>Media Network menu and generated a access key,fVBTXC; is this the user name or is it the password? If it is the password, where do i set the username?? I am attempting to setup the use of one of several devices on my home network- DLink DSM-520, Netgear Digital Entertainer Elite EVA-9150, a Logitech Squeezebox Duet and a HTPC unit.. Thanks

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New user here..
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 12:45:09 pm »

The web interface is not for DLNA, it's for browser-based streaming via Panel or Gizmo devices (such as the JRemote app).
Tools > Options > Media Network > Authentication is where you would set a username/password for that.
The access key is used to access your server outside of your network (assuming that your firewall is set to permit this).

I don't use any DLNA devices, but I think they should be appearing as zones in the Playing Now list on the left-hand side of the main Media Center window.

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 02:10:55 pm »

If those devices are turned on and connected to your local router, you should see them listed under Playing Now.  Then you can highlight your music,  right click the mouse, and then Play to the DLNA device.  Trying to stream to multiple devices is not recommended.  They get out of sync. 

Good luck

vcrpro3

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 03:27:07 pm »

I was going to use only one of the devices listed but none of them show up under 'playing now'. I realize there are probably issues due to age of two of the units (the Netgear won't play even on it's own software on Windows 8 and above, something to do with its SMB server..worked under Windows 7 and older. The Dlink.well??) The Logitech works fine with it's own software and the HTPC, again is not seen by Mediacenter 24 , but is working via the windows sharing...would have been nice though to have had Mediacenter run them...

If those devices are turned on and connected to your local router, you should see them listed under Playing Now.  Then you can highlight your music,  right click the mouse, and then Play to the DLNA device.  Trying to stream to multiple devices is not recommended.  They get out of sync. 

Good luck

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 12:35:36 am »

If you go into your router can you see those devices and whichever device Media Center is loaded on?  If no, you have a network problem. If yes, check these settings in MC 24:
1.  Under Options > Media Network - make sure the top box is checked (Use Media Network to share this library)
2. Under Options > Media Network > Add or configure DLNA > Add "Generic DLNA" and then under Advanced Check DLNA and DLNAextra
3.  Under Options > Media Network > Advanced check the three boxes: DLNA Server; DLNA Renderer; DLNA Controller
4. Under Options > Media Network > Client options check the boxes: Auto Sync; Play local file; Show playback zone

These are the settings on my system which work for two computers, a Sony Media Player, a Marantz receiver, and Panasonic TV.  Whenever they are turned on, they just show up in Media Center as available under Playing Now.

Good luck
Pages: [1]   Go Up