INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library View  (Read 491 times)

jweeks

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Library View
« on: June 06, 2018, 01:51:07 pm »

I've got Media Center 24.0.27.

So - you can create a library view under another library view. What I haven't been able to do is have albums show up in the sub view without also showing in the parent view. Example

Library view under Video:
Photography
Library view under Photography:
Camera Raw

Settings for included files for Photography:
Media Type is Video
Photography - Genre is Photography

Settings for included files for Camera Raw:
Keywords - is any - Camera Raw

I'd like an album to show up under Camera Raw but not under Photography. If there's no way to do this, what's the point of having one library view under another?

Thanks,
JW

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library View
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 03:14:50 pm »

I'm not 100% clear as to what your goal is, but, I'm pretty sure you can leverage the option "Use parent scheme rules for file display".

At its most raw (pardon the pun ;)), if you untick that option, and don't specify any 'file display' rules at all, then the view will include every single file of every media type in your library... apply filters via the "Set rules for file display" dialogue to arrive at what you're after.

A primer on setting up view schemes can be found here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.0
It was compiled around v17, but is still current today.

-marko

jweeks

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Library View
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 05:10:41 pm »

Thanks, Marko, that article got me thinking "outside the box". I've got it working now.

Photography
------Camera Raw
------Other

For Camera Raw and Other, I turned off the "Use parent Scheme... " switch.
For Photography, the parent, under "Set rules ...", I put in a rule that selected zero files - in this case: Keyword - is any - (a dummy keyword that isn't used)

I got the camera raw videos under Camera Raw and all the other Photography videos under Other, and none directly under Photography.

That got me exactly what I wanted. Now I can replace the "Other" group with actual categories of Photography videos.

Thanks again,
JW
Pages: [1]   Go Up