INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bitstream not working in windows 10  (Read 1747 times)

mike0zero

• Recent member
Bitstream not working in windows 10
« on: June 11, 2018, 02:40:43 am »

I have just built a NEW HTPC so I can watch 4k movies via JRiver, been a long time convert to this fantastic piece of software, however I have run into a big problem that I just cannot seem to work out.

I am trying to bitstream to my processor (Lyngdorf MP50) and can only seem to get reliable PCM out which is problematic as I want Atmos and DTSX.

I have gone through all the audio options within JRiver, I thought I should be using the WASAPI connection from the MP50 but when I enable bitstream and I was getting either picture but no sound or the darned display text saying this configuration will not work.

I was literally at this for 2-3 hours yesterday and read something posted by another user who had similar/ same problem, he suggested  by clicking on the "disable event style" check box in the audio options it might help....hey presto it worked, all audio came through as bitstream and it registered Atmos on my processor, that was until this morning when tried again, I changed nothing but it did not work again, this time screen I got either black screen which I had to cancel or got  a picture with no sound.

Anybody got any suggestions, maybe Windows 10 or sound card drivers broke, I have no sound card at the moment (will add) and just go through the Intel i5 8400 processor which has onboard graphics HD 630.

Thanks in advance.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bitstream not working in windows 10
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 03:43:43 am »

There has been some very recent work on ATMOS with 4K video, and with 3D video. Recent as in the last week.

Search the forum for "ATMOS 4K" and see what you find. Some information isn't in the public forums yet, but some is. I'm sure people are using Bistreaming of ATMOS with 4K content, and have been for a while.

Unfortunately, there could be an issue with using an iGPU (the HD630), but that is just conjecture on my part, based on some reports of HDMI problems with Intel iGPU graphics. HDMI handshaking can be a can of worms. I assume that you are using an HDMI connection? There may be settings on the Lyngdorf MP-50 that will make it work (nice piece of kit!). I think some people have resorted to HDMI connection devices to fix issues. Devices like Dr HDMI or more recent products. A search of the forum for "Dr HDMI" should find some discussion.

Of course, make sure you are using the latest MC, currently MC24.0.30, or later.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mike0zero

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 04:44:46 am »

Thanks Roderick for the speedy feedback.

I will follow your advice and in the meantime may have to resort to PCM 7.1 until I find the solution.

I have a HD Fury Vertex so might try feeding the signal through that for whats its worth.

In the end I have been unable to play decent 4k material anyway via the HD630....very stutters etc so will be buying a Nvidia 1070TI so can maximise MADVR so this could give me the solution I am looking for anyway.

I have been around the noises using Android boxes for last 6 months and have now given up to come back to JRiver as best HTPC software out there, by far even though I have a couple of teething problems.

rec head

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 06:48:37 am »

UHD and bitstream can work. I have it going from an Nvidia card to a Denon.

I agree with the above advice. I would try the HD Fury Vertex right away. It might help until you get the new video card. If it happens after the new card then you probably need to talk to the Lyngdorf people.

mike0zero

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 07:44:13 am »

Thanks rec head

I must stress however that the issues I am having relate to 1080p as well as 4k material, any source really.

I used a HTPC with JRiver previously and was able to bitstream everything (mainly 1080p material) through MC23 no problems, however since upgrading to a newer intel chip/ motherboard etc I now have issues.

I tried earlier to feed the source through the vertex but same result, no sound via bitstream, therefore having to resort to PCM.

I am sort of hoping its the iGPU 630 thats at fault so a dedicated graphics acrd will fix as always was the intention to get one.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 08:27:03 am »

The first thing you should do when bitstreaming doesn't work, check if Windows thinks it should be working.
Go to "Manage audio devices" in Windows (search through the start menu), select your device and hit Properties, and go to "Supported Formats". It should list the bitstreaming formats that Windows thinks it supports. If a format is not listed there, MC won't be able to bitstream it either.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mike0zero

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 03:01:54 am »

Hi Hendrick

Yes done what you suggest and all the formats are listed.

Last night I actually got bit streaming to work by doing the following and I am hoping will provide the mods with more info on whats actually going on.

Change the video output to std Red October and then disable custom refresh rates - when using this setting bitstream works but the video is not using MADVR and the refresh rate does not match the source so video is jerky.

I also got it to work with HQ Red October with MADVR enabled if I came out of the full screen mode and showed the video in a window, once I enabled full screen again it stopped working.

In addtion I also tried MPC-HC and bitreaming works without issue but I do not want to use this as my front end.

So I conclude that Windows 10 looks like it is working okay and the issue might be JRiver.

Does this help anybody explain what could be happening here and suggest a way to fix it.

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up