INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download Problem  (Read 710 times)

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Download Problem
« on: June 25, 2018, 03:57:54 pm »

Windows 7 64bit / MC 64 bit:
Chromium plugin chromium64_v12.zip doesn't get downloaded fully (file is corrupted according to winrar with size is about 57.5 MB) and it jams whole PC because downloading info window probably steals focus repeatedly. Managed to eventually kill MC with task manager and used RegEdit to switch to Internet Explorer web engine so I could start MC. Gonna keep using IE now as this problem rises almost every time chromium plugin is updated.

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
Re: Download Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 04:15:46 pm »

I had the same Chromium problem with same description. Glad its not only me (sorry). Win7 Pro 64bit, with 64bit JRiv (24.0.37). Up-to-date Comodo Firewall and Emsisoft Antimalware.

I had a similar problem when I upgraded to MC24 (during the last build, .34) but somehow got it to work after messing with a ton of stuff. Going out of town in a few minutes, so can't help much.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 04:21:28 pm »

The file and the download are working fine. Make sure you don't have an anti-virus that messes with the download when its trying to scan it. AVs are often distrusting of things that access the web, like a web browser.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 07:08:21 pm »

W7 64 here....download went flawlessly as always....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 05:29:04 am »

The file and the download are working fine. Make sure you don't have an anti-virus that messes with the download when its trying to scan it. AVs are often distrusting of things that access the web, like a web browser.

It isn't antivirus... for me anyway. Have already earlier uninstalled antivirus to convince the team and also file usually gets downloaded partly, almost completely so it isn't blocked by AV also haven't got any problems with any other plugins to (LAV MAD etc). And anyway MC shouldn't jam the whole PC if this doesn't succeed.

However I'll not post anything about this anymore to save everyone's time and switch to use IE as much I would like to use Chromium instead.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 05:59:05 am »

Are you using any special downloader software?  Something that may be stepping in to "assist".
Pages: [1]   Go Up