INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to control two servers independantly with one library on the NAS drive  (Read 788 times)

Carcajou

• Recent member

Bonjour

Currently - I run JRiver MC24 on two Lenovo laptops (T530 and T470). The Audio Files location is the same for both Laptops as both laptops use the same mapped Z: drive onto a NAS on the network. The MC library is local on both laptops and when music is acquired - it is acquired on the T530. Then I backup the library of the T530 and I restore it onto the T470 (with the local setting not ticked). I perform the same operation for the cover art.

I want to simplify this process - and I  make exciting plan to move the library of the T530 onto the Z: drive on the network and have both T530 and T470 to use the same library file from the Network (I would do the same with the cover art files).

Now my question - If both laptops use the same library - will I be able to control both laptops individually via Gizmo - as today - I can control both server individually.  This must be answered before I proceed with this move operation.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

Carcajou

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

That should work.

You could also connect one machine to Z:, import from it, then connect the other machine to the first via Library Server.

Carcajou

• Recent member

Thank you Jim H

I can locate the library file on C: drive - but I have not found yet where in JRiver (MC 24.0.30) I can change the library path to have it to point to a Z: drive on the Network once I move the Library file to the Z: drive.

Carcajou

JimH

• Administrator

What do you mean by "Library file"?

The MC database?  Or the media files?

Get it working with MC, using one computer and the Z: drive, then connect to it with the other computer, using Library Server.  The wiki has a lot of information on this, starting at Media Network.

Carcajou

• Recent member

JimH

All the media files (flac, wav) are on the Z: drive. Now it is the MC data base (that I wrongly labeled Library) that want to relocate from the C: drive to the Z: drive. Once I have moved the MC data base to the Z: drive - where in JRiver MC24 do I enter the new path for JRiver to now use that MC data base on the Z: drive.

Carcajou

JimH

• Administrator

It's best to keep the database on your local drive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up