INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New files not being added to library.  (Read 1245 times)

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
New files not being added to library.
« on: July 13, 2018, 11:18:59 am »

This is driving me nuts.

I add a new album folder to my music and it won't show up in MC24's (64 bit) library. If I run a library update, it still won't find it. No errors etc. I followed the instructions to make a Smartlist showing bad files...and nothing. The only way I found to add some of my albums is to delete the library and create a new one (5+ minutes to run). There is nothing common between these folders that I can see...just happens randomly.

These albums show up with no issues in two other media players I have for testing.

swiv3d

Re: New files not being added to library.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 11:20:30 am »

Have you checked autoimport for the library?

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 11:22:50 am »

Yes....it auto imports some folders with no issue. Some take a library delete and a new library to be seen. No errors.

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 11:27:51 am »

Have you added the folder with the albums to the autoimport configure page?

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 11:30:33 am »

Have you added the folder with the albums to the autoimport configure page?

Yes.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2018, 11:44:08 am »

You answered yes to this, but did you check the filetypes for the directory?  Select the directory and choose edit.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 11:46:06 am »

And for import, there is a checkbox at the bottom that asks if you want to import files you previously deleted.

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 11:59:44 am »

And for import, there is a checkbox at the bottom that asks if you want to import files you previously deleted.

The box is checked for "Ignore files previously removed from library"

The file I had issues with today was a completely new album I just got and MC did not see it. A delete of the library and creation then saw it.

swiv3d

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 12:10:03 pm »

Could you use the snipping tool to show us this page of the autoimport page?

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 12:26:09 pm »

Could you use the snipping tool to show us this page of the autoimport page?

Sure

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 12:49:52 pm »

The box is checked for "Ignore files previously removed from library"

The file I had issues with today was a completely new album I just got and MC did not see it. A delete of the library and creation then saw it.
Are you doing something else?  Downloading, then moving, for example?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 12:51:27 pm »

I add a new album folder to my music and it won't show up ...
Please provide some details on this.

swiv3d

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 12:53:46 pm »

What is [System Music folder]? Why the square brackets?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 12:55:46 pm »

There is a space in it.

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 12:58:52 pm »

I just clicked "add" under Configure Auto Import and choose that folder. I did not type the path manually.....The same path works in two other media players.

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 01:00:13 pm »

Are you doing something else?  Downloading, then moving, for example?

The folder I had an issue with today was a CD rip using dbPoweramp. I rip to a folder on my desktop, check the files and then move the folder to my music directory.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 01:05:56 pm »

Try ripping with MC.

Try removing the space.

You should not add an import path for each album.  You should add one for the parent directory.

swiv3d

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 05:58:12 pm »

You should have for example a folder called Music, this would have subfolders such as Flac files, DSD Files etc. The Music folder is the one you enter into autoimport configuration. You can set where MC rips your files to in Tools>Options>File  Locations> Audio (CD Rips and Podcasts) Select the Flac folder within your main music folder as the site to rip to set the folder rule to what you want but I find [Artist]\[Album] suits me. When you rip a cd the flac files generated will be placed in an Album folder within an Artist folder within your flac files folder in your Music folder. They will then be autoimported into your MC library
Hope this helps.

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 07:22:41 pm »

You should have for example a folder called Music, this would have subfolders such as Flac files, DSD Files etc. The Music folder is the one you enter into autoimport configuration. You can set where MC rips your files to in Tools>Options>File  Locations> Audio (CD Rips and Podcasts) Select the Flac folder within your main music folder as the site to rip to set the folder rule to what you want but I find [Artist]\[Album] suits me. When you rip a cd the flac files generated will be placed in an Album folder within an Artist folder within your flac files folder in your Music folder. They will then be autoimported into your MC library
Hope this helps.

The path I show above in autoimport is a folder called "Music" and in that folder are three folders, "FLAC", "DSD", and "MP3"....The [System Music Folder] line was added by MC using the "add" path button....So, not sure what you mean.

For ripping...I prefer the folder I use on my desktop. I then move the files to the folder. Are you saying that if I don't specifically point a rip to Music/FLAC....it breaks? I mean...I hope autoimport does not ignore folders that are manually moved into the watched folder.....

swiv3d

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2018, 07:34:22 pm »

It shouldn't ignore them - just check in tools>options> library & folders - is autoimport checked there? If it is your library should register the new files once they are placed anywhere in the music folder.

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 07:55:36 pm »

It shouldn't ignore them - just check in tools>options> library & folders - is autoimport checked there? If it is your library should register the new files once they are placed anywhere in the music folder.

Yes, auto import is checked.

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2018, 08:01:08 pm »

Try ripping with MC.

I did, it worked for that.

Try removing the space.

That path is added by MC exactly as shown when I used the "Add" button and choose my music folder

You should not add an import path for each album.  You should add one for the parent directory.

I don't. There is only that single import path as shown.

Answers in bold.

Thanks!

swiv3d

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 08:11:56 pm »

Best thing I can suggest is that when possible put some new music files into the music folder. wait to see if they autoimport. If they don't, then select Tools>Import and on the import page check run autoimport now, click finish. If the files still don't appear then your autoimport filepath is wrong. Remove it and then add it again by browsing to the music folder you are using. If that doesn't work you need to become religious and pray very hard!

Screwdriver

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2018, 08:35:34 pm »

Best thing I can suggest is that when possible put some new music files into the music folder. wait to see if they autoimport. If they don't, then select Tools>Import and on the import page check run autoimport now, click finish. If the files still don't appear then your autoimport filepath is wrong. Remove it and then add it again by browsing to the music folder you are using. If that doesn't work you need to become religious and pray very hard!

I don't get it. I used the 30-Day trial....but I was using the 32-bit version and never had an issue. I just bought into MC this week and it would just randomly not add some folders..... The autoimport path is the same one that MC uses to play the music. If MC is able to play the music from that path, and autoimport is wonky with that same path....then I have no other answers....

Anyhow, thanks for the help. I'll deal with this on Monday as I only use MC on my PC. Weekends are for vinyl and my main system. I also use a Raspberry Pi3 running Volumio that pulls from a NAS. The PC/JRiver does not pull from the NAS is case your curious.

Have a great weekend!
Pages: [1]   Go Up