INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multichannel is converted to stereo (sometimes)  (Read 702 times)

Dalvis

Multichannel is converted to stereo (sometimes)
« on: July 18, 2018, 08:48:56 pm »

I hate to ask, but I'm clueless. I'm using an Oppo 105 as a renderer and for my surround music files there are no issues. My video files, however, only play in stereo.  All the video files are MKV. I've tried setting the audio as "original" and "specified format." I have the same issue on MC21 and MC24. I'm confused why I can get surround from my music files (wav and flac) but not video.

Thank you for any help.

Dwayne

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multichannel is converted to stereo (sometimes)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 01:53:33 pm »

I hate to ask, but I'm clueless. I'm using an Oppo 105 as a renderer and for my surround music files there are no issues. My video files, however, only play in stereo.  All the video files are MKV. I've tried setting the audio as "original" and "specified format." I have the same issue on MC21 and MC24. I'm confused why I can get surround from my music files (wav and flac) but not video.

Thank you for any help.

Dwayne
If it's not working when set to original, that means that the Oppo can't handle multichannel video over DLNA.

Dalvis

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 08:39:35 am »

The frustrating part is I had dlna was working 6 months ago. Then I moved. In the process of moving, I put all the home theater stuff in storage. I thought I hooked e everything back correctly. Right now I'm guessing it's a network issue.

I emailed oppo to see if the 105 has a problem, but i don't think I described the issue. Oppo's solution was to use the USB port.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting are welcome

Thanks,
Dwayne

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 08:59:17 am »

If you're using DLNA, conversion gets done on the Server (MC).  Check the settings in Tools > Options > Media Network > Edit Server.  Try others.
Pages: [1]   Go Up