INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Doctor  (Read 832 times)

larryrup

• World Citizen
Play Doctor
« on: August 01, 2018, 02:51:47 pm »

I use MC on two PC's at home.  Just yesterday installed v24.  One machine's just fine.  On the other I cannot get Play Doctor to start.  Tried typing a song name, pasting and clicking on drop down menus.  Play Doctor does not start.

Closed v24 and started v23 and gave it a try.  Received a MC error message "Failed to start radio player".  Subsequent try's  did not start play doctor but the error message has not re-appeared.  Running current win 10 pro.  Play Doctor has always worked before and I'm assuming this is a win issue. 

Anyone have some expertise on this?

Thanks

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Play Doctor
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 04:18:47 pm »

I'm wondering if a need to sign in to play doctor is required on each pc.....just a thought
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

swiv3d

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 04:21:45 pm »

I think that's DR WHO you're thinking of ~OHM~. I can't get my playdoctor to fall over at all even giving weird and wonderful playback settings. Might be a problem getting info from the NAS drive?

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 04:40:53 pm »

Will play doctor work with some local files on your misbehaving PC?

larryrup

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 05:36:33 pm »

Everything else seems to work fine.  The song I was using as a test for PD plays just fine if I double click on it.  For example when viewing the library, scrolling to any song, double clicking plays it.  If you highlight it, right click, select play (play with play doctor), the currently playing song stops, but that's it.  MC looks like it normally does when nothing is playing.  If you then choose something to play by any means other than play doctor, works just fine.  Looking at that error message on line but nothing linked to my problem has come up yet.

Thanks

Larry
Larry
HTPC, , JRiver.  Music Source:Network share drive.  Speakers:B&W P6, AMP:Yaqin 100b, DAC:BiFrost Uber, Headphones:Audeze LCD2, Sens HD600, AT W5000, Headphone Amps:XCAN v8, Woo Fireflies, Original EarMax.

swiv3d

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 05:40:50 pm »

Are you accessing the files from a network drive? Could you try using playdoctor with a few files on the local computer, that might indicate whether playdoctor is being blocked by antivirus or firewall software.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 11:37:41 pm »

Select a few files before you play.  Play Doctor needs them as a "seed".
Pages: [1]   Go Up