INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NAS File Names  (Read 852 times)

resgostar

• Recent member
NAS File Names
« on: August 11, 2018, 07:34:27 pm »

I am copying my music files to a NAS device, a Buffalo Link Station 210, from portable hard drives from which I have created my JRiver music library.  Even though I am copying the files, the file path and file name ends up being different on the NAS as compared to the portable drives.  The  JRiver library reads the file name only from the portable hard drives.  As such, it appears that I cannot play files on the NAS in my main JRiver library.  The only way it appears I can play the files from the NAS is to create a whole new parallel JRiver NAS library which is not something I want to do given the time I have already spent organizing my JRiver library with the files names  of the portable hard drives.  Am I missing something, and is there a way JRiver can read my NAS files without a new NAS library but from my main library that I created using the portable hard drive file names?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: NAS File Names
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 12:36:29 am »

krmasson

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 05:17:41 am »

You can also map a drive name to your NAS, and index it as (a) local folder(s).

resgostar

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 11:08:32 am »

You can also map a drive name to your NAS, and index it as (a) local folder(s).

How does that enable me to use the existing file names I already have in my J River library?  My goal, if possible, is to play files contained in my NAS through my existing J River library without changing the existing file nomenclature in the library or creating a separate library for the NAS with new NAS file names. Changing file names under either of these circumstances is too great a task for the number of files that I have.

Thanks.

krmasson

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 12:20:06 pm »

You can automatically rename the files of the library, as explained in the wiki page above.
Just make a backup of the library (not the musical files, just your metadata) before, just in case your renaming does not work at first attempt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up