INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panes won't lock [Solved]  (Read 673 times)

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Panes won't lock [Solved]
« on: August 18, 2018, 08:28:18 am »

Here is a stupid problem I have had for some time. It seems so simple yet I cannot solve it.
Hopefully someone can point out my error and I can fix it.
For my Music MC24 I use Standard view. I have two two views showing plus the Main window with the view selections.
The middle view is the standard views you get from choosing from the column on the left. The second view, all the way to the right, is Now Playing.
The problem is I want the Now Playing view to stay the same and never change. No matter what view I have highlighted, when I select another view from the left I want only the middle view to change, and the Now Playing window to stay the same.
But no matter how I do it, selecting the view from the left will change now playing if it is highlighted. I have used the lock views selection but it does not work. One time I had it working for a whole session by saying lock View one, the middle one, and then the Playing window stays, but a reboot makes it go away. It always shows Albums  where it should show Playing on every boot, no matter what the lock view says.
Folks who don't use MC alot come up and because the last guy moved his song up the list, the list (playing) is highlighted, Now the next guy comes up and picks "Artists" from the left but Playing changes to Artists, not the middle View.
If I set it the way I want, then lock View 2, it doesn't, or it might for a while or a boot, but it always comes back to not being locked, even if it says locked in Views.
Ideas?

Don

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Panes won't lock
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 10:25:18 am »

It definitely is working right now, as I use that feature constantly.
Though I would like to see some enhancements made to it (such as improved search behavior) the only actual issue that I have with it is that locking a view does not prevent those tabs from being closed.

I can only think that maybe you have things set up as a 3-pane view and one of them is collapsed, so that what you think is "View 2" may actually be View 3.

I'd suggest setting Media Center to a single view, and closing all tabs.
Then set it to two views, open all the tabs that you want in each, and lock view 2.
In Tools > Options > Startup > Startup Interface, make sure that Media Center is configured to start in "Last Location".
You may also want to save your views once configured correctly.

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 05:26:46 am »

Sorry to but in, How do you Lock a View, a view made with Smartlist ?
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 08:04:26 am »

We are talking about locking the position and content of one of several views on the same standard view screen.
You find it under Views|Split Views.

Don

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Panes won't lock (Solved)
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 06:11:08 am »

This was my problem, you wouldn't thank that would do it and override the locked panes, but setting startup location to "Now Playing" fixed it, thanks. Setting it to last location also works, as long as I quit with it showing the right pane.

In Tools > Options > Startup > Startup Interface, make sure that Media Center is configured to start in "Last Location".
You may also want to save your views once configured correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up