INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When I transfer music from my library to my phone conversion does not work.  (Read 562 times)

kimmo

• Recent member

When I look at my phone after transfering the files they are the same format as in the library (Flac)
It used to work a couple of months ago.
All my music in the library are Flac and I would like convert my Flac to MP3 320 and then transfer them to my phone,
What should I do?
How do I enable conversion?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Conversion is an option during the Handheld sync.  Click in the upper left corner of the Action Window when Handheld Sync is opened.

kimmo

• Recent member
Re: When I transfer music from my library to my phone conversion does not work.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 08:48:04 pm »

Hi, I've clicked in the upper left corner of the Action Window when Handheld Sync is opened
Then i've clicked on Options then Conversion then I choose:Encoder: MP3 Encoder.
Then I click ...encoder settings... VBR encoding: Target Quality : Extreme then I click OK

But then when I look at my phone after transferring the files they are the same format as in the library : No conversion

I want to convert my flac files to mp3 then transfer them to my phone.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 10:20:11 pm »

What have you set in "Handheld Options > Conversion > Audio > Mode"? Original, Specified Output Format, etc.?

That is the setting that defines whether conversion will happen or not. The Encoder settings are just what will be done if conversion is required.

If you set the Mode to "Original" or "Specified Output Format" the outcome should be obvious.

If you set it to "Specified output format only when necessary" or "Specified output format only when necessary (including high bitrates)" then I believe MC takes into account the capabilities of the target device (i.e. Can it play FLAC files?), and the setting at "Handheld Options > Files, Path, & More > Supported Types". If you want to always sync mp3 files, you should clear that setting and then enter "mp3" only. That way if you use either of the last two Modes you will always get conversion to mp3 files.

I don't usually convert my FLAC files and just sync them in the original format, but just for you, I tried with Mode set to "Specified Output Format" and the mp3 encoder set to 320 kbps bitrate. MC happily converted a bunch of FLAC files and synced them to my Android phone, replacing the FLAC files already on there. So the functionality is working fine.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Sync_Handheld
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Handheld_Sync_Options

PS: If you want to always get 320 kbps mp3s, you should select "CBR / ABR Encoding", tick the box to "Restrict encoder to constant bitrate", and set the "Target Bitrate" to 320 kbps. Selecting VBR Encoding and Extreme Quality will always give you variable bitrates.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

kimmo

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 04:22:01 pm »

Hi, Sorry about the delay...
Conversion works now  :) after I changed: Mode "Specified output format only when necessary" To:  Mode "Specified Output Format".

Thank you very much
Pages: [1]   Go Up