INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA on releases after MC23.0.77 drop after some time  (Read 1273 times)

sryan

• Recent member
DLNA on releases after MC23.0.77 drop after some time
« on: August 24, 2018, 12:32:43 pm »

I have been a long time media center user (since jukebox) always upgrading regularly until about MC23.00.77.

For subsequent (post 23.0.77) releases my DNLA client will play a playlist for a while and then drop. If i run 23.0.77 at home, i am fine - i can play the same playlist forever (weeks/days on end). I don't touch the client. I press play and don't go back to it truly for weeks at times. If I upgrade to anything recent, including last night 24.0.45, the play list played from 9pm to 1:30am and quit in the night.

My DNLA client is a WD TV Media Player. Can anyone help with what changed around the time of 23.0.77 or so in DNLA? Is there any setting that can make current versions work as flawlessly with my WD TV Media Player? Hoping for a quick answer before i divert back to v23.0.77 again.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DNLA on releasese after MC23.0.77 drop after some time
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 12:36:35 pm »

There was a change that dropped servers that didn't respond.  The change was recently modified.  Bob can provide more details.

sryan

• Recent member
Re: DNLA on releases after MC23.0.77 drop after some time
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 03:36:03 pm »

great thank you for the quick reply. I look forward to hearing more. Curious if this is this a configuration change or a fix/release update that is needed.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: DNLA on releases after MC23.0.77 drop after some time
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 11:40:31 pm »

By the way, it's DLNA, not DNLA.  It matters for searching.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: DLNA on releases after MC23.0.77 drop after some time
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2018, 01:42:27 am »

I believe it was one of these, from 24.0.36:

10. Changed: DLNA, change SetNext controller option disabling so that device errors don't disable SetNext only disable it if the renderer reports that it's not implemented.
11. Changed: DLNA. Want to make sure that if a resubscribe fails we clear and do a subscribe. Have seen http error codes of 412 on resubscribe.
12. Changed: DLNA, Add a code that will do a manual transport state update if we look frozen at the end of a track (missed an event..)

sryan

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 08:07:18 am »

Thank you. The problem definitely started around 23.0.77, i had upgraded with the auto upgrade a few times in the v23 series and had to back out. Was busy with a baby and work so held off on trying to resolve.

For those three items you mention, are these configuration changes i can change to reflect previous behavior?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 08:10:41 am »

#10 is.

sryan

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 08:32:37 am »

Update, i have not changed a thing and the client has not stopped playing. When i first upgraded to v24 Friday night, i had the one drop and for sure a variety of drops in my history in builds after v23.0.77 which caused me to roll back and eventually give up on updates until friday. But Fridays install seems to have resolved itself. Will keep watching (or listening). Apologize for the noise and misspelling if all this for naught.

sryan

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 06:28:56 pm »

OK, I uninstalled MC 23 and running only MC24 the DLNA connection drops in less than a day (hours it seems). I can only guess why. Back to my original plea, is there a change that I can make to the configuration to behave like MC 23.0.77 or earlier DLNA server? That was the last stable version in 23.xx for me.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 04:48:48 am »

Look at your a/v firewall settings. The a/v firewall software sees MC23 and MC24 as quite different applications, and they may be being handled differently. In particular your delayed dropouts make me think that the SSDP Notify Alive messages are not getting through.

Typically UPNP devices have to readvertise that they are still alive every hour or so, and if the CP does not see such notifications, it will consider the device as gone. And if a device is considered as gone, the only way to rediscover it is for the CP to be stopped and restarted, so that it issues a clean set of SSDP Search messages to rediscover all devices again.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 10:40:08 am »

Also, what are your DLNA server settings in MC24 and what is the format of the tracks you are playing?

We have a WDTV here I can verify your setup against.
Pages: [1]   Go Up