INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to move a currently playing playlist to another zone?  (Read 579 times)

Antoon55

• Recent member
How to move a currently playing playlist to another zone?
« on: September 22, 2018, 05:35:15 am »

I use multiple playback devices in my room (f.i. HiFi set, Soundbar). When playing on my soundbar I sometimes would like to hear the music on my high end HiFi set. Is there a way to swap playback devices for the running playlist?
Maybe it's already somewhere answered on this forum but I only found the same question from someone else without an answer.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to move a currently playing playlist to another zone?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 06:36:57 am »

You can use zones (topic on the wiki) to change audio devices) but I don't know of a way to clone the playlist.  Copy and paste?  Maybe Recent Playlists (under Playlists)?

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 06:58:11 am »

You can do copy and paste as Jim said:  Select all in one of them, copy, select the other playlist, paste.

Or you can do Zone Link on those two zones, which will play them together.  Just after you Link them, unlink them.  The link operation will automatically synchronize the playing nows to be the same.  When you unlink them, they will still have the same contents.  Then you can play or stop either zone independently as you please.

Brian.

Antoon55

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 08:38:13 am »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up