INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver WDM Driver Issue with Netflix App and Others  (Read 1798 times)

Klangfarben

• Recent member
JRiver WDM Driver Issue with Netflix App and Others
« on: September 12, 2018, 04:39:51 pm »

Hi, I'm using the JRiver WDM driver to stream audio from the Netflix Windows 10 app as well as Chrome to JRiver 24.0.50. I'm not sure what broke, but currently the WDM driver is playing 5.1 feeds as one signal out all 5 speakers rather than a discrete 5.1 feed. Previously this used to work just fine. I've uninstalled and reinstalled both the WDM driver as well as JRiver but everything played through the WDM driver is simply a single feed played out all 5 speakers. If I go into the sound control panel and configure the driver, it is set to 5.1 but if I test the individual speaker icons a sound that should only be coming out of one speaker is coming out of all five. Only the subwoofer seems to be discrete.

The odd thing is when I go to properties for the WDM driver, it says Max Number of Channels:2 and Bit Depth of 16-bit which I can't change. I don't know if this is at all related to my issue. I don't see anything that allows me to change that.

I've tried a different zone for the WDM driver and turned all DSP off but it doesn't solve the issue. When testing the WDM driver in the sound control panel, playing one speaker sends out to all 5 speakers. Kind of at a loss here as the only thing I had to do previously to this issue was change the WDM configuration from stereo to 5.1 and it worked as expected. JRiver is sending out ASIO to an Exasound dac and anything played inside JRiver not through the WDM driver is playing back with discrete channels even with DSP turned on.

Any thoughts? Not sure where to go from here.

Klangfarben

• Recent member
Re: JRiver WDM Driver Issue with Netflix App and Others
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 11:05:42 am »

Bump. Anyone?

Investigating it more, it sure seems like it's an upmixing kind of thing - like Windows Speaker Fill or something. Even though the JRiver WDM driver doesn't have the Enhacements tab where the Speaker Fill option would be. Again, I've made sure all DSP is off in JRiver and that none of the pseudo surround options are on in the Sound control panel.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver WDM Driver Issue with Netflix App and Others
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 06:29:32 am »

This sounds odd. Did you try using a different audio device inside MC for testing, maybe just headphones connected to the PC or something like that? And maybe try forcing mixing to stereo in the Ouput Format DSP to check if the signal does maybe reach MC but is mis-routed somewhere.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up