INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging Queue  (Read 1266 times)

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Tagging Queue
« on: September 13, 2018, 03:05:32 pm »

Hello all - has there been any thought to incorporating some of the suggestions for a better system for managing larger tagging queues?  I'm once again doing a big overhaul on my library and running into some old issues that seem to have been brought up on previous versions such as: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,89905.msg617570.html#msg617570

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Tagging Queue
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 03:10:41 pm »

That's a pretty old thread.  What do you have in mind?

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 10:09:36 pm »

How about adding the ability to cancel remaining files on qeueu (let's say you have 20,000 more files on queue. And -- although this might be more complicated -- also reverting changes made to the library database for the remaining files whose tags have not been written yet.

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 09:02:30 am »

How about adding the ability to cancel remaining files on qeueu (let's say you have 20,000 more files on queue. And -- although this might be more complicated -- also reverting changes made to the library database for the remaining files whose tags have not been written yet.

Yep agreed - cancelling a large queue would be great.  Currently if you quit the program mid-queue then it seems that the DB reflects the changes (as if the queue had completed) but the un-processed files in the queue are of course unchanged.  This can be problematic when there are multiple actions going on - say, an album change and a rename/move/copy based on that change. 

Let me know if that doesn't make sense...

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 04:27:03 pm »

bump?  Any more interest in this?  Maybe we're the only ones...

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 10:05:59 pm »

Although it gives no feedback that it is doing so, ctrl-z does undo library tagging changes, including ranmaing and moving files if I recall correctly. Now, if the original change was a long one, it will take a long time to undo, and because of the aforementioned lack of feedback, one may panic and think nothing is happening. MC might be improved in this realm.

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 04:27:51 am »

When I use ctrl-z to Undo a mistaken huge tag edit it happens almost instantly for me with little or no wait.
I must admit I didn't realise ctrl-z would cancel a running tag edit.
That's helpful thanks fitbrit
  :)

Wasn't there a time when you could click on the status bar at the bottom, when an huge edit was running, and cancel it with a left click?
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 08:23:20 am »

Ctrl-z is undo only, not cancel. At least I believe so.

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 09:29:58 am »

Does JRiver have an undo log? Sometimes I wonder which queue task I have undone exactly as I may have done two large tasks or more  in sequence. I need to know what exactly I’ve undone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 09:40:28 am »

No.  You can restore a backup.  It's a good idea to make one before you make major changes.  File > Library
Pages: [1]   Go Up