INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mystery library appearing in JRiver?  (Read 741 times)

robland

• Junior Woodchuck
Mystery library appearing in JRiver?
« on: September 14, 2018, 08:40:03 am »

My setup: MC 22 running on Win10 laptop playing files from QNAP NAS mapped network drive, sending them to Hegel H360 dac/amp.

In addition to the main library in MC 22, I see another library called "DESKTOP-LMPCT1C:<email>@hotmail.com" (see attached image)

I checked Win10 control panel (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Media streaming options), and the media streaming service is NOT turned on. Where is this other library coming from? Because it knows my Microsoft email, is it a cloud library, maybe from OneDrive or something?

I ask because previously I'd experienced horrible playback issues in JRiver (stuttering, loss of control) because the DLNA media streaming service in the QNAP NAS was running. After I turned that off, the NAS library disappeared from JRiver and 85% of those issues stopped. However, I'm still experiencing an issue where the green zone button for the Hegel H360 turns from green to white while streaming, and I lose control of playback. The only solution is to close/reopen JRiver. I'm wondering if this mystery library is somehow still interfering? How do I get rid of it?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Mystery library appearing in JRiver?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 04:21:33 pm »

Your NAS is sharing the same set of files with MC via two separate and parallel technologies: 1) via the mapped file share, and 2) via its own DLNA digital media server application.

I suggest that you use 1) only, and disable the DMS application on the NAS.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

robland

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Mystery library appearing in JRiver?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 10:32:43 pm »

Thanks for the response.

I had already turned off both the iTunes service and DLNA streaming service in the NAS. This is REQUIRED to get JRiver to work correctly, I think.

After a bit further research, I learned that the Win10 Control Panel setting above is different from the Windows Media Stream Service. (see attached image)

After both turning this service off and setting it to manual start, the mystery library is gone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up