INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Required Components Problem  (Read 1210 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Adding Required Components Problem
« on: September 21, 2018, 01:37:59 pm »

I've just upgraded to MC24 from v.23, purchased a license, and rebooted my Win7 64bit computer having backed up my MC23 main library.  After rebooting, starting MC24, installing the license, and finally restoring the MC23 library (including settings).

MC24 is now hung up posting a "please wait" message that says "adding required components... Chromium".  The only option is to cancel, but nothing happens(?) Please advise...

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

swiv3d

Re: Adding Required Components Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:17:46 pm »

Turn off your antivirus software - or give MC24 permission to go about it's business.

shAf

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 03:41:53 pm »

Turn off your antivirus software - or give MC24 permission to go about it's business.
If you’re replying to me, disabling my ESET AV didn’t work...

The problem, more exactly, is that MC24 isn’t hung but rather “busy” trying to load ‘Chromium’. That is, I believe I still have access to ‘Options’ if there is something for me to modify there. MC also still allows me to quit the program, but it restarts in the same way...

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 03:46:42 pm »

If you can get to options go to Tree&View > Web Browser and for engine select Internet Explorer. Then restart MC. Might be the firewall that is doing the blocking.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 04:08:18 pm »

Its downloading Chromium when that message is up. If you are on a particularly slow Internet it could take a moment. AV is also known to somehow interfer with that, since it may not recognize Chromium, and it being a browser component, it often seems suspicious to an AV. We try our best to avoid that, but sometimes it still happens.

If you can access the options, do what swiv3d recommend, and just switch to using IE as the browser engine.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

shAf

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 08:30:02 am »

If you can get to options go to Tree&View > Web Browser and for engine select Internet Explorer. Then restart MC. Might be the firewall that is doing the blocking.
Thanks swiv3d ... although MC24 was relatively busy trying to install the “Chrome” web engine, I was able to navigate options and make this change, quit, reboot, and then find MC24 well behaved.

I have no idea why previous versions had no problem with this option...

PS... Moderator: can I ask that I be notified the next time my post is moved to a different forum location. I had a helluva time finding the suggestion that remedied the problem...

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 09:11:03 am »

PS... Moderator: can I ask that I be notified the next time my post is moved to a different forum location. I had a helluva time finding the suggestion that remedied the problem...
anytime you make a post you have the option of being notified of any respones etc. find it at the bottom of any post...it's called notify  ;)
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 10:31:36 am »

Please don't post problems that require discussion in the build threads.  Please read the warning there in the first post.

You can always go to your profile to find your posts.

shAf

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 01:19:14 pm »

Please don't post problems that require discussion in the build threads.  Please read the warning there in the first post.

You can always go to your profile to find your posts.

My post was moved from a “build” thread.

Notifications were turned on. I had received a notification, and when I clicked on the link it took me to the original build thread with my post (and responses) missing. I have been around long enough to know I can track recent activity via my profile, but I figured something wasn’t working right and that you should know. Sorry, it won’t happen again...

swiv3d

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 01:40:52 pm »

Hi shAf
You really need to look at the permissions in your AV and Firewall to ensure that MC24 is allowed through. I found this after updating from 23 to 24 - AV and firewall software will block MC24 but be quite happy about letting MC23 go about it's business.

shAf

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 03:28:32 pm »

Hi shAf
You really need to look at the permissions in your AV and Firewall to ensure that MC24 is allowed through. I found this after updating from 23 to 24 - AV and firewall software will block MC24 but be quite happy about letting MC23 go about it's business.

ESET’s AV and FW were both disabled for trying to remedy this problem. With them enabled all components of MC24 work properly... e.g., fetching album art, movie & TV info, local streaming, streaming from WAN, .... It would’ve been helpful if the Chrome integration would’ve timed out and provided some info, but in the end I was at a loss...

swiv3d

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2018, 04:26:13 pm »

If you have any movie files might be worth playing one just to test that you can download the lav filters properly.

shAf

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2018, 04:45:44 pm »

If you have any movie files might be worth playing one just to test that you can download the lav filters properly.

Playing movies works...

swiv3d

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2018, 04:49:37 pm »

Try switching back to chrome as your engine and see if the problem has cleared now.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2018, 10:52:11 pm »

Try switching back to chrome as your engine and see if the problem has cleared now.

This.

There have been reports previously that the first attempt at downloading Chromium after an upgrade seemed to go on forever, but once the internal browser had been changed to IE, and MC had settled down, with the AV and FW happy, the Chromium download then worked. I think it is a transitional FW issue. When other components download and install successfully, the FW sets rules that MC is allowed to download and install stuff. Reboots and restarts of MC do seem to help in the process.

YMMV
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up