INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top bar tooltips not showing for other language GUI or searches  (Read 925 times)

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
Top bar tooltips not showing for other language GUI or searches
« on: September 27, 2018, 07:36:28 pm »

In v.24.0.52 (x64) some tooltips don't show up in the translated (German) version, e.g. when hovering on the top player bar the text shows in English, "Current file (click for commands/options)", although the line is correctly translated in the Language.txt file...
Likewise, when hovering on the Search Bar (with active 'Wizard' selection), the tooltip should display all search fields + values, but only does for a few (e.g. 'Rating', 'Sorting'), not for 'Last played', etc... This even occurs in the English language GUI as I've just checked... Or is that intentional?

"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Top bar tooltips not showing for other language GUI or searches
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 03:51:32 pm »

(Further to my own post... ;-)

Have to report this issue is still present in the latest build, MC 24.0.56... I'm using the German version, but have also tested for French... Result: top player bar tool tip, 'Current file (click for commands / options)' displays in English.
Please note again this is not due to missing translations; the line has been correctly translated both in the German and French versions of the Language.txt file! Maybe the cause is the '/' slash character in the line, making MC ignore it in languages other than English?

I know, tool tips aren't main program features, but please look into it when you have a chance.
Thank you!

"To be is to do" (Socrates) - "To do is to be" (Sartre) - "Do be do be do" (Sinatra)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 03:55:03 pm »

Next build will translate the tooltip:
Current file (click for commands / options)

It was marked for translation, but then never translated.  Maybe the tooltip used to translate internally, but I don't think it does any more.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 04:04:30 pm »

It was marked for translation, but then never translated.  Maybe the tooltip used to translate internally, but I don't think it does any more.

Did I mention the line was translated? Please see these lines in the German language file (incl. numbers for reference):

17563: Current file (click for commands / options)
17564: Aktuelle Wiedergabe (hier klicken für Befehle + Optionen)

The English line only occurs once in the entire file, so can only be for the tooltip...

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 04:31:28 pm »

Actually, Matt, having just updated to the new build, I noticed the German language file is different from the one Bytestar is constantly updating (downloadable at 'https://bit.ly/2NBgFeT', see footer line in his posts)...

Now I wonder, isn't he sending the same file versions to you, or are you not using them?

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 06:08:31 pm »

Too little patience sometimes it takes one to two days to insert the language file. Where is the problem with that?

Actually, Matt, having just updated to the new build, I noticed the German language file is different from the one Bytestar is constantly updating (downloadable at 'https://bit.ly/2NBgFeT', see footer line in his posts)...

Now I wonder, isn't he sending the same file versions to you, or are you not using them?
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 06:53:26 am »

Too little patience sometimes it takes one to two days to insert the language file. Where is the problem with that?

Pls see statement in our 'German language' topic... (besides, this wasn't your fault... ;-)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 07:06:22 am »

It's really nice to have both of you helping.  Thank you.  Sorry if it's a little confusing or if we've made a mistake.

andrewberg

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 09:51:16 am »

It's really nice to have both of you helping.  Thank you.  Sorry if it's a little confusing or if we've made a mistake.

You're welcome Jim! Yet I would feel even more honored by an upgrade license for MC 25 in spe... ;-) Deal?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 10:20:36 am »

When the time comes, please ask.

swiv3d

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 03:45:17 pm »

I see that the tooltips are now translated properly, at least in the german version I checked. 24.0.57 version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up