INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Device Only Showing Network Streamer  (Read 1137 times)

EKuan

Audio Device Only Showing Network Streamer
« on: October 03, 2018, 03:04:45 pm »

Hello everyone, Newbie to the forum but have been enjoying JRiver every since my first install. I seem to be having a reoccurring issue that I wonder if anyone is familiar with or not. I believe this happens when my audio drivers update, but JRiver will be working fine, and then all of sudden I have no sound. I go into my settings and I notice that the only option I have for audio is Network Streamer, my audio receiver is no longer listed, or any other audio options. I can't find a way to get all my audio options to return without reinstalling JRiver or when they have an update. Any ideas?

swiv3d

Re: Audio Device Only Showing Network Streamer
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 06:09:24 am »

Which version of MC are you running - can't say that this loss of audio drivers is something I have seen.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 07:19:37 am »

Hello EKuan
Welcome to Interact

your not using anykind of registry scrubber are you?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

EKuan

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 05:53:48 pm »

I am currently using version 24 and all up to date. I do have CCleaner which cleans my registry every now and again, is this causing my problem? I am not sure if MC's registry has been getting 'cleaned' or not - any way to block this just so I can test this theory out?

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 09:30:51 pm »

CCleaner which cleans my registry every now and again, is this causing my problem?
It's possible. Years ago I had a registry cleaner that deleted my auto import settings. There's no reason to ever use a regisrty cleaner, so you should just stop using it completely.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 01:21:13 am »

Registry cleaners are a bad idea and should not be used.

EKuan

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 11:57:58 am »

Noted. I will stop it from cleaning the registry and see if this helps. I noticed that this problem occurs after the audio drivers update as well, but it could be CCleaner. I will turn it off and see if this helps. Thanks for all the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up