INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice on Setting up  (Read 636 times)

Andy1701

• Recent member
Advice on Setting up
« on: October 04, 2018, 01:16:39 am »

Hi, I apologise if I am being really dumb, but I am trying to set up how JRiver is displayed when I open it up, I used to use Itunes and the thing I miss is how I could tailor the way it is displayed, which I am sure I can do in JRiver but do not know how, what I am trying to do is set it up so that when I open it the all my playlists / smartplaylists are always shown in the left hand panel and I can hide things like TV / Streaming /Dr Who, (which I have no idea what is) and the bottom panel on the left hand side always automatically shoes one of the Visualisers.

One last thing ..... How do I reset JRiver so that it is like when it is opened for the very first time, so that I can set it soles I it imports only the folders I want rather than everything it finds, I did not get the box that had the option to "Stop Auto" Importing.

Thanks for any advice and sorry I am being a bit simple.

carlismysecondname

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Advice on Setting up
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 01:34:53 am »

Go to the Options Menu and click on the Startup tab from the left column. This will show you some startup options available. Under the General tab, click to expand the 'Features' tree which will show stuff you can disable from the interface.

You can always use the search box under the options menu to find specific options you want to change.

If you don't want to see the visualizer just minimize its display or open a new 'Playing Now' tab (if you have tabs enabled -- like in a web browser -- but I have this disabled). I have JRiver's standard view set to automatically load a default Split View (where right pane is locked) so I have my visualizer on the right side instead. You could see an example here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,116394.0.html

*Oh, you mean you always want the visualizer expanded on the lower left corner? I thought that was automatic whenever you played something it'll just expand in that area unless you have another Playing Now pane/tab open or one of any of the other left hand side menu panes (e.g. action window, tagging, import etc. fully expanded).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Advice on Setting up
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 06:26:01 am »

The wiki has information on your questions.  This one, for example:

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Simplified_Interface
Pages: [1]   Go Up