INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basic Album Info in Album View  (Read 1064 times)

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Basic Album Info in Album View
« on: October 22, 2018, 03:36:19 am »

Maybe I'm missing something here:

I'm in the standard 'Albums' view and the thumbnails are about 30mm square (1.18" :) ) so I can only see part of the album title. If I hover over an album i get 'Play' 'File' options, if I select an album I get 'Play' 'File' options and the number of files, size and running time on the bottom toolbar.  . . *

What suddenly hit me as that there's no 'tool tip' or info line anywhere giving me a brief summary of the album (say full title, year, number of tracks, running time) as you hover over them. That would be so handy.

1) I can't believe it's not there. It would be such an easy way to distinguish different album versions . . .
2) I really can't believe it's no there I fear it's me and I'm being stooopid. (Show 'Track info tooltips is on')

If it's not me is that something that could be added?

Spike

* I've discovered the bottom toolbar is also customisable (like the top one) with a right click. That came as a surprise! But You don't seem able to change the text in the middle which is currently Number of files (Size - running time). Can I add (at least) album title to that text in album view so I get more info if I select an album?

blgentry

Re: Basic Album Info in Album View
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 08:54:40 am »

Not a bad idea.

In the mean time, did you know you can customize the thumbnail text on each album?  You can include artist, album, any version tags you might have, etc.

A while back I worked out a (not so elegant) system for displaying long album titles and long artist names.  You've probably noticed that long titles get cut off to a single line in the stock Albums thumbnail text.

To get started, click on the down arrow in the header area where it says the name of the view (albums in this case) and select thumbnails > thumbnail text .  You can add some fields there and see how it looks.

Brian.

Spike1000

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 03:39:07 am »

Oooh, another thing I just noticed. ..  if you hover over the bit of the album name (for a selected album) I  see it starts a cycle of various bits of information. . .

Number of Files Running Time
Plays
Last Played
Rating
Date
Most Played
Album title etc

Is this list customisable? I don't care for most of them and the album title is still truncated; it's also slow to let them all cycle through. An optional tool tip wouldn't be constrained by the with of the thumbnail and also be much faster. Or be able to customise the text in the centre of the bottom tool bar to show the album name.

Brian,
I might play with customising the thumbnail text but I don't really want two lines of text under each thumbnail, I could maybe change the colour of the text or something. . .
The layout works well except where I have multiple versions of an album and I can't tell them apart from the cover art so I'm really just after a quick way to see the album title as I add things like (SACD), (Vinyl), (Re Master), (24bit) to the end so they all sort correctly but describe what they are with just one field.

Spike

tyler69

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 04:38:12 am »

Spike1000

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 04:44:27 am »

Ah ha, someone's way ahead of me  :) Let's hope it gains a bit of traction with Jim and the developers. . .

Spike
Pages: [1]   Go Up