INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is Radio Swiss Jazz?  (Read 1468 times)

tbng

• World Citizen
Where is Radio Swiss Jazz?
« on: November 01, 2018, 04:58:08 pm »

Nary a sound from it although Radio Swiss Classic comes through loud and clear.

And what about an upgrade to JRemote to reflect all these new goodies available on the latest JRiver software?

swiv3d

Re: Where is Radio Swiss Jazz?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 05:06:05 pm »

I'm listening to radio swiss jazz at the moment via MC24.0.60 - currently playing a number by Fernando Fantini. 

tbng

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 05:18:11 pm »

Not a sound comes from it.  I click START THE RADIO and nothing happens.  Whatever is playing at the time just keeps on playing.  Shutting off what is playing does no good either.  Swiss Radio Classic plays every time.

How else can I operated JRiver from my IPad?

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 08:47:25 pm »

Can't understand why your swiss jazz  radio doesn't play - as far as jremote is concerned I share your concern that a really good app is being neglected in favour of the panel app which doesn't seem to do what users really want such as streaming radio programs such as swiss jazz.

4 jumping cats

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 08:58:27 pm »

Just tried it  and it worked instantly>

tbng

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 04:09:49 pm »

I reiterate that I still get no sound on Radio Swiss Jazz even though Radio Swiss Classic works perfectly.  I click on Start the Radio, and nothing happens.  In Radio Swiss Classic I get a box asking me if I want to Play Stream, Add Stream to web media, etc. and if I want to keep using this answer (which, by the way, does not work because I click it and I always get the box the next time).  That box does not appear when I click Start the Radio in Radio Swiss Jazz.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 09:30:52 pm »

There does appear to be a difference, at least for me.

Radio Swiss Classic plays through the MC audio engine, and the Audio Path is populated with information. The "Start the radio" button doesn't switch to "Stop the radio" when I click it to start playback. I have to use the MC Stop button to stop playback. But the MC Play button doesn't start playback. I have to use the "Start the radio" button for that. Ctrl-Click works to initiate the popup.

Radio Swiss Jazz doesn't play through the MC audio engine, and the Audio Path is not populated with information. It plays directly to me default audio device. The "Start the radio" button switches to "Stop the radio" when I click it to start playback. The MC Stop button doesn't stop playback, while the "Stop the radio" button does stop playback. Ctrl-Click doesn't work to initiate the popup.

So some inconsistency in the implementation. Maybe at their end, maybe with MC. I can't tell.

Anyway, to get Radio Swiss Jazz playing, given the above issues, click on the headphone icon to the right of the highlighted track, which has a tooltip of "Hear Extract". Let that play, and when it finishes (if it does - it might just keep going playing the programme), click the "Start the radio" button. That worked for me, but as I said above, it isn't playing through the MC audio engine.

Radio Swiss Pop works the same as Radio Swiss Jazz.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 11:19:02 pm »

Anyway, to get Radio Swiss Jazz playing, given the above issues, click on the headphone icon to the right of the highlighted track, which has a tooltip of "Hear Extract". Let that play, and when it finishes (if it does - it might just keep going playing the programme), click the "Start the radio" button. That worked for me, but as I said above, it isn't playing through the MC audio engine.
It's playing in a browser at that point, so to get it to use MC, you'd need to activate MC's WDM Driver.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2018, 11:50:39 pm »

Yes, I understand Jim.

The thing is, I'm not using the WDM Driver on my Workstation where I tested this, but Radio Swiss Classic plays through MC, while Radio Swiss Jazz plays to the PC's default audio device, which in the case is the Realtek sound card and speakers.

So there seems to be some difference between how the Classic and Jazz services are implemented, even though they essentially connect to the same website. Classic is playing a stream similar to Radio Paradise, while Jazz is just a website playing to the default audio device.

As I can't edit or see the configuration for these streaming services, I have no idea what the difference is, or why it would be different.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tbng

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 03:13:57 pm »

Does anyone else beside me see no sense in this bifurcated setup with Swiss Radio?  Why would they be implemented differently?
Pages: [1]   Go Up