INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC24 albums with same name in panes  (Read 652 times)

ronfthomas58

MC24 albums with same name in panes
« on: November 06, 2018, 12:03:32 pm »

I have several albums with the same name that MC puts together in panes. There is no duplicates on tags except for the album field. How can I prevent MC from putting them together?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC24 albums with same name in panes
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 09:08:55 pm »

Have you searched and read the Wiki?

Specifically, read this and related topics: Album Artist and Album Artist (Auto)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 08:16:49 am »

[Album Artist] is the go to solution for almost any problem like this.

But based on the screen shot, I'm not sure.  It shows different artists in the same album.  I noticed something that might be important (or not):  All of these files, from two different albums, appear to be in the same directory.  I think I remember reading that MC uses a list of properties to determine which songs are in an album, one of which is that they are all in the same directory.

So it might be an [Album Artist] thing.  Or it might be a "same directory with same album name" thing.  You (the original poster) would have to test that to see.  Or at a minimum look at the value of [Album Artist] and [Album Artist (auto)].

Brian.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 02:38:25 pm »

one of which is that they are all in the same directory.

Correct, as mentioned in the Wiki Article I linked to... although I just noticed that the link I provided didn't work, so I fixed it.

Spot on Brian.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 03:15:50 pm »

@Roderick,

I hadn't read the master article on [Album Artist] in a long time.  I now see that the OP's setup will produce exactly this result.

So ronflthomas58, you should set the value of [Album Artist] to the artist name for each of these albums and that should make them appear as separate albums as you expect them to.

Note that MC is doing this because you have 2 (and probably more) albums in the same directory.  If you instead use one directory per album, this won't happen.  Just some information for future use.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up