INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange days indeed.  (Read 545 times)

Audiogorn

Strange days indeed.
« on: November 19, 2018, 01:43:28 pm »

Hello, First post here so please forgive my ignorance.    I am having an issue with media center 24. When I install it and it opens automatically after install all my audio output options are there ASIO, WASAPI, and so on. Now if I close out and open the program with the desktop shortcut, the output options disappear and only give me Kernel streaming as an option. So every time I want to use the program I have to install it.  It works wonderfully with WASAPI and ASIO and sounds bad with kernel streaming. Why does the program recognize these modes after install but not upon reopening via the shortcut??   Any advice would be appreciated.   Thanks Much!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Strange days indeed.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 03:20:16 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

Maybe the shortcut is for an older version?  Right click on the shortcut and view the properties.

Audiogorn

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 03:29:51 pm »

Thanks JimH,  I wish. Its a brand new install of windows 10 with no other previous versions of JMC 24 on it.  dose the installer do something different upon launching the program?

4 jumping cats

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 03:55:46 pm »

I would first check in Windows>Device Manager to see if an Asio driver is installed
Pages: [1]   Go Up