INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server requirements  (Read 965 times)

najarip

• Recent member
Media Server requirements
« on: November 27, 2018, 02:16:34 pm »

Hi,

I've read a lot about Media Server and how to connect clients. I think I will be able to get this working (with UNC) in my new setup.

Currently I have one PC with Media Center. Soon I will be moving and I will have a workspace and and a laptop for everywhere else. I do not want to sit at the workspace all the time, but I do want to be able to enjoy Media Center, the music and be able to update/edit the library and import new mp3 files from the laptop.

The main question I have is: will a Media Server on a PC in the workspace and a laptop as client be good for this? And what do you think are the optimal system requirements for the Media Server PC and the laptop? Does the server need to be a real server, or a normal PC. Do I need lots of Ram or lots of CPU power, for both PC and laptop? If the laptop is connected over Wifi, the AC will be the best choice I think?

I hope you can advise me a little on this.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Server requirements
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 02:31:33 pm »

Media Server can be used to serve files to one or more computers.  The server doesn't need to be anything special.  It would be easy to set up a test to learn more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up