INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PSA: JRiver Media Center - Awesome  (Read 582 times)

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
PSA: JRiver Media Center - Awesome
« on: December 23, 2018, 09:34:58 pm »

Every month I discover something new and powerful about JRiver.

I discovered it around v18.x and over the years have come to appreciate just how incredibly vast its feature set is.  How incredibly complex it is and how it has transformed my home theater and home audio experience.

What compels me to write this now:

1: Menu support!  UHD, BluRay, DVD.  I find I am backing up to folder and watching extras and concert videos in a way I have never before

2: Ripping audio - powerful!  To FLAC.  My pipeline has simplified.  No more XLD, Kid3 for tagging, etc... 

3: Tagging and Views - learning the expression lang.  Incredibly complex and flexible!

4: Remotes.  My Harmony One has discovered new life!  With Flirc and JRiver's ability to simply learn an IR code and map to a function has greatly simplified my setup.  Sure I'll still use wireless KBD and Mouse for some things, and maybe the iPad.  But nothing to this day beats the simplicity of a well designed remote.  IR or Blutooth.

Paired with my exaSound e38 DAC, it's a beautiful audio experience.  Paired with my nVidia 1080Ti, I have the best video (and 3D!) possible to my 4K OLED!

Now that they are working on Android versions, mo4media is working on remotes, JRemote is still the absolute BEST iOS solution, the power is amazing...  and Panel.  Keep it up Jim and Co.  My family is finally convinced.

Cheers and Happy Christmas!

Castius

Re: PSA: JRiver Media Center - Awesome
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 11:32:52 pm »

Will said, and a Happy Holidays to all.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: PSA: JRiver Media Center - Awesome
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 06:54:18 am »

Thanks very much for taking time to say that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up