INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DB Not Updating Excluded Files  (Read 681 times)

Nicholas T

• Junior Woodchuck
DB Not Updating Excluded Files
« on: January 03, 2019, 04:57:36 pm »

Hi,

MC 24.0.72(64-bit)

I want to exclude some folders from MC so in Windows Explorer I moved them up to a parent folder outside of the scope of what's configured in Auto-Import.
I ran Auto-Import again but the files are still displayed in the Audio/Files view using a composer search.
I added an exclusion in the Auto-Import to specifically to exclude that folder but they are still displayed.
I confirmed that the displayed file is the actual file in the excluded path by using Right Click - Locate - On Disk (external).
I've hit the refresh button.
I've restarted MC.
This affects 322 files in 32 folders that I can't exclude from results.

How do I remove them?

Cheers,
Nicholas
LGV40, Samsung Tab S7+ & Sony WH1000XM4 = some peace in the chaos.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DB Not Updating Excluded Files
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 06:37:17 pm »

Just delete them (read carefully when you do).  Try a few before you do very many.

Nicholas T

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 04:07:53 pm »

Thanks Jim. That obviously worked.

Is that expected behavior of the import function?

I thought that changing the watched folders, adding exclusions or moving Windows folders out of scope would remove those files from MC automatically.
Although, I can see the danger in that scenario if there weren't safety checks in place.

Is there an easy way to find and remove orphaned entries? Over the years my folder structure has changed and I'm sure I have a bunch of orphans.

I've also found a number of corrupt files that won't play so I've re-ripped / re-downloaded them. A handy tool would be one that could find all of my un-playable and give me a list. Does anybody know if that kind of app exists?

Thanks,
Nicholas

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 06:05:18 pm »

Create a smartlist looking for playable is not 1

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 06:22:24 pm »

Import Rules only really affect the import process. Removing a rule or adding an exclusion won't affect files already imported.

What will affect imported files is actually moving them, or deleting them out of folders the import watches.

If you want to make sure you don't have missing files in your database, we have a special built-in expression command to check if files exist. Do note that such a smartlist can be really slow, since it looks at all your files. I believe such a smartlist comes as standard with MC, but otherwise you would you want to use the IsMissing() expression to construct a smartlist.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Nicholas T

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 06:34:34 pm »

Thanks.
I'll look into that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up