INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: program shut-down and deleted data  (Read 783 times)

Jack McCue

• Recent member
program shut-down and deleted data
« on: January 03, 2019, 04:02:30 pm »

3 sudden shut-downs with 24.0.72. The first two times were during "renaming" about a dozen SACDs from a portable 1 TB WD hard-drive to a 24 TB server, on 12/17. The screen suddenly went blank and the program closed. No warning, error messages, peculiar behavior. The program restarted normally, but the files being moved disappeared. They were nowhere, and I searched temp drives, recycling bins. Fortunately, they were backed up elsewhere. The second time on 12/30 or 12/31 was when I was decompressing an ordinary redbook CD from FLAC to WAV files. After decompressing the first 4 of the 16 files, the screen disappeared and the program shut down. Again, no warning. The program restarted normally. All that was left of the 4 files were 31 second stubs of the original files. I deleted them, successfully decompressed files 5-16 and listened to them -- no problems. The CD was stored on one of my 24 TB servers and had not been moved.

Never happened with any of the previous iterations of the 64-bit 24, and obviously moving files and decompressing files are common actions that I have done many times in 24, but this is (I think) just with the last 2 versions. You can probably tell by the dates above -- I always install new versions promptly. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: program shut-down and deleted data
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 06:40:55 pm »

Antivirus or hardware problem.

Jack McCue

• Recent member
Re: program shut-down and deleted data
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 12:04:46 pm »

Thanks Jim. Not sure why now, but stranger things have happened (a lot, lately).
Pages: [1]   Go Up