INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 24.0.73 for Windows -- Available here  (Read 3989 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 24.0.73 for Windows -- Available here
« on: January 11, 2019, 01:42:31 pm »

Download standard build
This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 24.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v24/latest/MediaCenter240073.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v24/latest/MediaCenter240073-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

24.0.73 (1/11/2019)

1. Changed: Add more info to the database for Radio Paradise. BITDEPTH, COMPRESSION, etc.
2. Changed: Don't try to make thumbnails for streaming media files (cover art still works).
3. Fixed: Don't try to run auto-import locally if we are connecting to a library server.
4. Don't try to read length on streaming files in the current zone when sending DLNA event updates.
5. Fixed: Made the /AudioCD command work.
6. NEW: Added the MCWS function Playlist/Build to take a set of file keys and a playlist path and builds the playlist.

24.0.72 (12/23/2018)

1. Fixed: Another case of MC crashing on analyzing/tagging certain mp4/m4a/mov files.

24.0.71 (12/21/2018)

1. Fixed: (Possibly fixed) MC could crash analyzing/tagging certain mp4 files.

24.0.70 (12/19/2018)

1. Changed: Added the playlist ID to the playlist view header (because you need it for some MCWS calls, etc.).
2. NEW: The playlist upload feature (including songs) is now available to any registered Media Center user. It's called "Upload to Cloud" on the right-click menu for playlists.

24.0.69 (12/17/2018)

1. Fixed: Some PLS streams would not play properly.
2. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
3. Fixed: MC could crash if one navigates in Explorer view ("Drives & Devices" > Explorer) to a folder that contains multiple un-imported mp4/m4a files (in recent builds);
4. Changed: The MCWS function File/Delete takes an optional 'Mode' parameter to delete the file from disk or recycle the file.
5. Changed: Building missing thumbnails runs multipe threads at once instead of only running a single thread at a time (the number of threads depends on the setting for thumbnailing).
6. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
7. Changed: Made Radio Paradise start faster.
8. Fixed: The "List Style" text at the front of toolbar button text could get duplicated.
9. Changed: When a view is locked, it will load the last view location at startup instead of loading the start location.

24.0.68 (12/10/2018)

1. Changed: The ANGLE Theater View backend will use Direct3D9 on older hardware (before D3D 10.1 hardware support) to improve compatibility.
2. Changed: DLNA: explicitly supply the library server (Panel) port with the presentation page URL for our DLNA renderers and servers.
3. Fixed: DLNA when authentication was enabled, the DeviceDescription.xml for Library Server couldn't be loaded on a remote MC. This means that if the server wasn't manually setup on the remote for authentication it might not show up in the server list.
4. Changed: Added support for reading/writing tag data in floating point format to Apple's Quicktime extensible format tag locations.
5. Fixed: "Rating" tag was not written to Apple's Quicktime Extensible tagging location.
6. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.42.
7. Fixed: Playback of some m4a/mp4 files was broken in recent builds.
8. Fixed: Media Center could erroneously restore itself from being minimized on ZoneSwitch or playback stop (ie. when using Theater View to launch an external application with the WDM audio driver).
9. Fixed: DLNA: Not all SSDP broadcasts were being sent from the SSDP server.
10. Fixed: Tags were not properly saved to Apple's extensible metadata tagging format.
11. Changed: The http server returns 404 instead of 501 when a resource can't be found.
12. NEW: The "Edit Disc Information" dialog shown for CDs now has the Disc # field.
13. Fixed: Non-imported files were not moved with selected media files even if "Move all files..." checkbox was checked on "Rename, Move, & Copy" dialog window, when the action was initiated in Explorer view.
14. Changed: Moving files with "Move all files in folder (including non-imported files)" checkbox checked will only skip moving files that are at "main database location".
15. Changed: "Move all files in folder (including non-imported files)" checkbox on "Rename, Move, & Copy" dialog window is renamed "Move all non-imported files in folder with selected media files".
16. Fixed: The list of fields in a smartlist would get built only one time so if you added a new field it would not appear until after a restart.

24.0.67 (12/4/2018)

1. Changed: Streamlined the code that finds network interfaces so that they are only used once upon start of the program instead of every time a socket is created.
2. Fixed: Some mp4 or m4a audio with AAC encoding could not be played with JRiver mp4 plug-in.
3. NEW: Tag-writing for MP4/m4a audio files will use Apple's extensible tagging format if the files already contain such tags.
4. Fixed: Locking and unlocking split views didn't properly save the lock between restarts of the program.

24.0.66 (11/30/2018)

1. NEW: Added the option to suppress the duplicate track warning in a playlist (Options > General > Advanced > Show duplicate file warnings for playlists).
2. Fixed: The seed parameter of the play doctor MCWS command would not load properly.
3. Changed: Made wait messages a little wider so they hold more text.
4. Fixed: Properly read the ALBUMARTIST tag from APEv2 tags in MPC files.
5. Changed: Made the MCWS call Library/List return the default library index.
6. Fixed: Playing certain WMA Lossless files could result in excessively slow buffering.

24.0.65 (11/27/2018)

1. Fixed: Editing Custom Website Entries in the Streaming section did not work.
2. NEW: Media Center can now read video tags written in Apple Quicktime's extensible tagging format.
3. Changed: Adjusted the quality score of MetaCritic movie information lookup to reflect its cover art and information quality.
4. Changed: Made the MCC_PLAY_PLAYLIST command reset the search cache so running it on a random smartlist will get new information each instance.
5. NEW: Added a toolbar button to add selected files to Playing Now.
6. Fixed: Radio Paradise could play duplicates in some cases.
7. Changed: Made the Playing Now Overview lists no longer ignore the selection.  Instead the selection will be used to populate the Tag Action Window and the like.
8. Changed: Updated FFmpeg to 4.1, used for file analysis and transcoding.

24.0.64 (11/19/2018)

1. NEW: You can add a Play Radio Paradise toolbar button.
2. NEW: Support for FLAC-in-Ogg files and streams.
3. Changed: Room Correction DSP allows setting a distance of up to 100 ft instead of 50 ft (or meters if you're metric).
4. Fixed: Made Rotten Tomatoes movie lookup work for a few more titles.
5. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.40.
6. Fixed: Removing a column from the sorting in a list with no sorting (or external sorting) would crash.
7. NEW: Extra Radio Paradise channel toolbuttons added.
8. Fixed: A occasional mismatch with Radio Paradise metadata for the current playing track.

24.0.63 (11/15/2018)

1. Fixed: DVB Subtitling was displayed only sporadically.
2. NEW: Added the MCC MCC_LIST_SEND_TO_PLAYING_NOW (26031) to add selected files to Playing Now using any of the modes available (play shuffled, add albums to end, etc.).
3. Fixed: The option to advance to the next track didn't work nicely when also picking stop after each item when it played the second to last track in the playlist.
4. Fixed: Internet Radio streams which use the DirectShow audio engine (Opus, for example) didn't work properly.
5. Fixed: Playing Ogg Vorbis Internet Radio streams did not work.
6. NEW: Added the website MetaCritic to the online movie information lookup (http://www.metacritic.com).
7. Changed: Brought Rotten Tomatoes back to the online movie lookup.

24.0.62 (11/13/2018)

1. Fixed: DVB Subtitle stream was not connected if one switches from non-time-shifting mode to time-shifting mode (or recording mode),
2. Fixed: DVB Subtitle switch was not working with OSD menu.
3. Fixed: DVB TV in time-shifting mode did not get DVB Subtitle metadata as soon as they became available, causing the subtitle menu not to be populated for upto a minute.
4. Fixed: Theater View Background color did not work properly since 24.0.59.
5. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.39.
6. Changed: The memory playback model "Load decoded file into memory" no longer engages when playing a URL.
7. Fixed: The option to "Advance to the next track when stopping after the current track" could loop to the second file in the playlist instead of the first after the last track.
8. NEW: Added a "Web Media" playlist that shows under the "Streaming" tree item and files from the Open URL dialog get added to it when added to the library.
9. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
10. Fixed: Open Weather Map configuration for Theater View was not working.
11. NEW: Added an option to allow Live IPC playback (WDM/ASIO driver) to fully engage ZoneSwitch and switch the current active zone, so that remote control/volume media keys work with it, among other things.
12. NEW: Pressing Ctrl+Q+Enter in a search box adds the files to Playing Now (Ctrl+Enter plays).

24.0.61 (11/2/2018)

1. NEW: MC will import data from Sony modd sidecar files for videos uploaded from cameras/camcorders/phones using Sony's PlayMemories Home software.
2. Fixed: DVB Subtitles were not showing.
3. Fixed: Hardware accelerated video decoding did not work properly on some Blu-ray discs with BD-J menus.
4. Changed: Sony .moff and .modd sidecar files are moved/renamed with video and image files they are associated with when using "Rename, Move, & Copy" tool.  Similarly the sidecar files are deleted when the media files are deleted.
5. Changed: Added a little logging to help diagnosing a TV recording problem on CableCARD tuners.
6. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.38.
7. Fixed: Folder import wouldn't remember typed folders in all cases.
8. Fixed: With repeat off, removing the last played file from the playlist wouldn't work with the setting to remove played tracks.
9. Changed: When renaming/moving audio files cover art files that are saved next to the audio files will be COPIED to the destination folder so the audio files will not lose cover art.
10. Fixed: When scanning Program Map Table in TV, some program numbers would end up being negative.
11. Fixed: Playing long audio files or very high sample rate/multi-channel audio files with memory playback could result in a crash.
12. Fixed: Reduced the startup delay on the WDM driver in cases when the audio pipe was still busy.
13. Fixed: DLNA: When we are trying to detect if another controller has taken over from us to stop our playback of a playlist, we weren't handling the case where a user seeks on a track during that playback.
14. Changed: DLNA: Don't post a WM_UPDATE_DLNA_PLAYBACK_STATE when receiving a transport event unless the state is actually changing. This can fix an issue where renderers that are very slow to respond to play state changes (>5 seconds) confuse logic to determine if we are the DLNA controller in charge (BubbleUPnP wrapping chromecast).
15. Fixed: ATSC Closed Captioning could not be activated using OSD command for playback of recorded ATSC shows.
16. NEW: Live TV Closed Captioning or Subtitles can now be switched using OSD command.
17. Fixed: When in /mediaserver mode, a popup message box could occur when a playlist failed to start.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 24.0.73 for Windows -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 03:18:02 pm »

Executing "check for updates" in the Latest channel, I seem to be getting the pre-order MC25 announcement rather than this release.

Dekyon

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 04:12:52 pm »

Executing "check for updates" in the Latest channel, I seem to be getting the pre-order MC25 announcement rather than this release.
Me too. But I just purchase mc25 license and install it...
Anyway I download 73 from main link and install over 72. Seems to works well.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 05:13:30 pm »

That's intentional.  We pushed it out early.  We'll wait until Monday to make it widely available.  It has a change for Panel that allows saving the current playlist.

MrBiff

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 04:03:03 pm »

This:

6. NEW: Added the MCWS function Playlist/Build to take a set of file keys and a playlist path and builds the playlist.

works nicely.

Can you add a parameter to allow overwriting the named playlist?  Otherwise, duplicates get made.

MrBiff

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 09:39:05 pm »

This seems broken:

mc24.exe /Append "C:\02.mp3"

it starts playback when it should just append, according to https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/The_Command_Line.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 03:22:55 pm »

Are you gonna push this out or do I need to download it....I prefer the first...thanks
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 04:12:18 pm »

Are you gonna push this out or do I need to download it....I prefer the first...thanks
Yes, check for update (ctrl+j) is only showing ad for MC25

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 05:09:51 pm »

nothing changes
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 05:13:32 pm »

This seems broken:

mc24.exe /Append "C:\02.mp3"

it starts playback when it should just append, according to https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/The_Command_Line.

The description certainly implies that, but it probably depends on the setting "Options > General > Behaviour > Start playing when files added to Playing Now".

Try turning that off and see if the behaviour changes.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

MrBiff

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2019, 09:16:50 pm »

The description certainly implies that, but it probably depends on the setting "Options > General > Behaviour > Start playing when files added to Playing Now".

Thank you.  I forgot about that setting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up