INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy V -- Things we should have done because they were so simple  (Read 40734 times)

MrBiff

• World Citizen
Re: Too Easy V -- Things we should have done because they were so simple
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2019, 02:44:55 pm »

When Deleting a field in Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields, please don't reset the selection back to the top of the field list after a Delete.

Instead, set the selection to be the very next item in the list, so that you can quickly delete consecutive items.  Otherwise, deleting a sequence of keys is very painful.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2019, 11:59:26 am »

When Deleting a field in Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields, please don't reset the selection back to the top of the field list after a Delete.

Instead, set the selection to be the very next item in the list, so that you can quickly delete consecutive items.  Otherwise, deleting a sequence of keys is very painful.

Coming next build of MC 25:
Changed: Deleting a library field will select the next list item instead of the first.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2019, 08:20:39 pm »

19. NEW: Added a "Quick Search" button to the toolbar customization.

Having added the quick search toolbar button, could you also maybe add 'Analyze Audio' and 'Convert Format' to the tool bar button options please.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

RD James

« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2019, 02:47:09 am »

When using the "Paste Tags" function, add another column to the view which lists the data that is actually going to be used.
E.g. list the album name that will be pasted. Or list something like (multiple items) for a field like track name where every one is different. And leave a blank field when that tag is empty.

A third column showing the existing tags would also be useful so that you know what is about to be overwritten.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2019, 04:15:59 am »

Tell the user which file(s) they're about to delete when asking for confirmation

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2019, 08:05:11 am »

'Analyze Audio' window - How about another little menu and with options in the 'Analyze Audio' window where you can set up some quick rules to start the process automatically from just pressing newly added button to the tool bar, or right click selection and that way. Select your tracks, press the toolbar button and it will open and depending upon rules you've already set it will auto start.

Options could be for overriding all previous Analyzed files so they go again,  or skip previously done files....or other options you cleaver dev peeps know about.    Also, have it auto exit the window, again based on set rules -  have they all successfully been analyzed, if not don't exit the window and maybe even highlight the failed files in soft red overlay ??  but if all files have completed ok, then exit.  Or don't exit, so you can go check them over.

I'm currently converting albums for car playback from usb stick from very high quality flacs/vinyl rips and after doing it for several hours it strikes me time wasting to have to open the window and then move the mouse to press analyze... lazy I know, but still a good little idea I think for quickly working when your on a roll doing this sort of thing for some hours.

Is this a quick thing,  or a longer thing for another time.  I have no idea.  Just thought of it so wanted to type it down and ask before I forget.

RD James

« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2019, 08:29:32 am »

The main thing I'd like to see changed for audio analysis is that it only ever processes a single file at once for videos, 1/4 as many files as you have CPU threads for DSD, and as many files as you have threads for other music formats.
Having to change that every time is a nuisance.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2019, 08:57:04 am »

Lyrics - Songtext
Thanks for adding this feature. I was testing it and got not for all songs the lyrics - Les Claypool; Fungi and Foe.
Would it be possible to get a note when something went wrong or when a lyric was not found?
Wake up and slow down 😴

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2019, 05:02:54 pm »

Method for using Panel (and other remotes) as different "User", other than the user that the Server is currently logged in as. Example:

-MC running on the server as View>User>Living Room. I want to open Panel as View>User>Administrator, but it will only open as user "Living Room".
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #159 on: March 25, 2019, 06:31:49 pm »

Keyboard Hotkey to toggle captions / subtitles during video playback .
This should work DVD/Blu-ray and OTA broadcasts as well. It should toggle between off / CC1 / CC2 / etc.

This is to allow easier setting of captions with an IR remote. While the OSD works, it takes time to wade through the OSD menus with a remote just to toggle captions.
The IR receiver - an iMon receiver built in to my HTPC case - isn't supported directly by JRiver. But it has great software that lets me map IR functions to any combination of keystrokes. This would work fine if MediaCenter had a hotkey combo for setting captions.

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2019, 06:39:56 pm »

Now that close captions/subtitles work for OTA broadcasts, the settings television option for enabling captions by default should enable them. Right now, the checkbox says "works for analog channels only".
Either make a separate checkbox for analog and digital brodcasts, or change it to a single checkbox that work with both.

89ZEF

• Recent member
« Reply #161 on: March 25, 2019, 08:27:43 pm »

Client options when playing from a Library Server:
OGG Audio Presets

Can be triggered from MCWS/v1/File/GetFile?Conversion=n
==> Applicable to other usage (Android remotes, Panel, ...)

Best lossy codec. Lighter bandwidth. Data plan saver. More music on the road.  ;D ;D ;D

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: March 25, 2019, 08:55:24 pm »

Client options when playing from a Library Server:
OGG Audio Presets

Can be triggered from MCWS/v1/File/GetFile?Conversion=n
==> Applicable to other usage (Android remotes, Panel, ...)

Best lossy codec. Lighter bandwidth. Data plan saver. More music on the road.  ;D ;D ;D

We don't plan on adding Ogg, because its old and outdated. We do plan on adding Opus however, the actual successor to Ogg, and generally superior in every way.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

89ZEF

• Recent member
« Reply #163 on: March 25, 2019, 09:13:47 pm »

We don't plan on adding Ogg, because its old and outdated. We do plan on adding Opus however, the actual successor to Ogg, and generally superior in every way.

Well amen to that!! Where do I sign?  :-*

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2019, 12:02:24 am »

Hotkey to toggle audio stream for OTA broadcasts. Probably should be the same CTRL-SHIFT-L as for DVD/Blu-ray. This allows mapping a single button on an IR remote to have the same effect for both OTA and movies.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2019, 05:26:30 pm »

:)

Having added the quick search toolbar button, could you also maybe add 'Analyze Audio' and 'Convert Format' to the tool bar button options please.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2019, 08:26:15 pm »

In the "Navigation Bar > Services & Plug-ins > Media Network", in addition to being able to select the Server I want to view statistics on, could I have a filter so that I can view only information on the devices that I am interested in?

Specifically, I want to be able to filter on the "Source" column, to restrict the view to packets coming from just one device, for debugging reasons. It would also be good to be able to filter on specific parts of the "Resource" column, to identify, for example, which Source is sending "ContentDirectory/Control" and "DeviceDescription" requests.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RD James

« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2019, 02:42:33 am »

"Update Tags" is still displaying its status in the bar along the bottom of the screen, and prompting with a modal dialog when it completes.
Displaying its status in the tree would be much better.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2019, 08:04:51 am »

:)

Convert is already there.

Look for "Convert Format" in the customize dialog.

audioriver

« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2019, 01:47:11 pm »

When an import operation results in "Skipped x files (previously determined to be bad)", add a link to the report that will explain what that means and provide possible solutions.
Windows 10 Pro x64

oie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2019, 02:06:05 pm »

Hi,
Would be possible to have a display text for music and another one for movies, tv shows etc?. I know you can have an alternative display text but I’m thinking more about once JRiver detects audio is playing it changed the display text to the audio setting and when it detects movie or tv shows it changes the display text to the movie/tv shows display text setting?
Thanks,
O

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2019, 05:39:45 pm »

Convert is already there.

Look for "Convert Format" in the customize dialog.

Ah, so it is. Blind as a bat I must be. 

Ta.

And 'Analyze Audio', is that worth adding also.

And what of my 'Analyze Audio' auto idea above.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #172 on: March 29, 2019, 03:35:57 am »

Automatically put the main playlist entry (for a BD) in a tag so a user can easily see which playlist is used for a particular bd

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #173 on: March 29, 2019, 03:37:37 am »

Add a checkbox to output format to allow the user to choose between a 5.1 or 7.1 mix target when using more than 6 channel outputs (or a drop-down that allows choice of stereo, 5.1 and 7.1)

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #174 on: March 29, 2019, 09:05:39 am »

Method for using Panel (and other remotes) as different "User", other than the user that the Server is currently logged in as. Example:

-MC running on the server as View>User>Living Room. I want to open Panel as View>User>Administrator, but it will only open as user "Living Room".

If this is too difficult, then put an option in MC that allows Clients to startup as a different User than the Server. Even a command line option would work.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #175 on: March 29, 2019, 10:13:54 am »

And 'Analyze Audio', is that worth adding also.

Next build:
NEW: Added "Analyze Audio" to the customize toolbar dialog.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #176 on: March 29, 2019, 04:39:20 pm »

Next build:
NEW: Added "Analyze Audio" to the customize toolbar dialog.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Ta.

Any thoughts on this idea below,  too big for this too easy thread?

--

'Analyze Audio' window - How about another little menu and with options in the 'Analyze Audio' window where you can set up some quick rules to start the process automatically from just pressing newly added button to the tool bar, or right click selection and that way. Select your tracks, press the toolbar button and it will open and depending upon rules you've already set it will auto start.

Options could be for overriding all previous Analyzed files so they go again,  or skip previously done files....or other options you cleaver dev peeps know about.    Also, have it auto exit the window, again based on set rules -  have they all successfully been analyzed, if not don't exit the window and maybe even highlight the failed files in soft red overlay ??  but if all files have completed ok, then exit.  Or don't exit, so you can go check them over.

I'm currently converting albums for car playback from my library to usb stick from very high quality flacs/vinyl rips etc, and after doing that for a few hours it strikes me its time wasting to have to open the window and then move the mouse to press analyze... lazy I know, but still a good little idea I think for quickly working when your on a roll doing this sort of thing for some hours.

Once the files are highlighted and one has the 'Analyze Audio' rules set up, all one needs do is press the tool bar 'Analyze Audio' or right click that way and it will auto complete and then close the window if all the rules are met.  If not, then maybe highlight the unprocessed files with a soft red overlay, if using a dark background skin (I use the adobe audition skin from deviant art). And some other highlight color for unprocessed/skipped files if using a lighter or MC default skin.

Might be a good logical step forward to have the the auto 'Analyze Audio' based on rules and then auto exit if all good.

Is this a quick thing,  or a longer thing for another time.  I have no idea.  Just thought of it so wanted to type it down and ask before I forget.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #177 on: March 29, 2019, 06:15:10 pm »

In standard view, make the playback bar (progress bar) thicker. Since the re-design, it has become so thin that it's difficult to see progress at any distance from the screen.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2019, 06:20:43 pm »

In standard view in the main content panel, make the default size for album thumbnails adjustable. (Instead of having to do a separate adjustment for each individual view scheme.)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2019, 11:01:22 pm »

In standard view, make the playback bar (progress bar) thicker. Since the re-design, it has become so thin that it's difficult to see progress at any distance from the screen.

This would be dependent on the Standard View Skin you are using. You could try other Skins, or learn to edit the Skin and change that one feature. There would be a pixel width setting or similar in the Skin definition. It probably depends a lot on the resolution and DPI of your display, and shouldn't be changed for everyone. Certainly, I haven't noticed a problem on my 4K 65" TV watching from 3.5 metres distance. So, customise to your requirements.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2019, 11:06:32 pm »

In standard view in the main content panel, make the default size for album thumbnails adjustable. (Instead of having to do a separate adjustment for each individual view scheme.)

I suggested an alternate solution on your original thread Richard. It still requires some coding changes. It may still be less than an hour's work. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120082.msg830244.html#msg830244

Negasonic

• World Citizen
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2019, 01:28:41 am »

Library Tool: 'Move / Copy Fields...'

Please add option to save and load Presets (similar to what can be found in 'Rename, Move & Copy Files...')

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2019, 05:30:50 am »

Currently user have to close MC and server in order get server changes active which is quite tedious when working with view changes for JRemote for example.

SOLUTION:
Restart Media Server when configuration has been changed or give dialog to restart (or not)  the server after configuration changes are done.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2019, 07:27:38 am »

Take/copy/make your own the Adobe Audition looking skin found here:

https://www.deviantart.com/vcferreira/art/Adobe-Audition-Theme-for-JRiver-Media-Center-535163050

And fix it up so its your own skin and working in v24/25 and scaling etc (which it does't at present). 

And add it to your default skins installed with MC.  Obviously renaming it.  Improve upon it with smoother transport buttons and other updates for MC25 onwards.

bwaldron

• World Citizen
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2019, 09:51:54 am »

Add Album Artist to the list of fields available in Podcast Tag Properties editing. Some feeds use this field inconsistently, which screws up some of my custom views until I edit the field manually.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2019, 10:55:04 am »

Buttons to add to top tool bar.

Update Tags (from Library)
Update Library (from Tags)

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2019, 12:37:12 pm »

So many people want to add buttons to the toolbar, what I would like is the ability to add a drop down menu to the toolbar with the commands of my choosing.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2019, 03:09:00 pm »

Not a bad idea that. Maybe limit to 2 to start with to see how things go.

MusicHawk

« Reply #188 on: March 31, 2019, 04:48:29 pm »

Cover Art > Get From Internet needs one more option, seems simple. REMOVE current image. (Remove from current track, and also possibly Delete image file if it is worthless.)

Because, sometimes (fairly often) a cover art image attached to a file is WRONG (even obscene), but MC is not finding/suggesting anything better (sometimes, nothing). Instead of keeping the existing wrong image or assigning a new wrong image, I need to delete the current image. I'll come up with a correct image later.

Please, while in the middle of Get From Internet process, let me REMOVE the current Cover Art image when neither current nor suggested images are appropriate. Having to determine the track name (not displayed) then navigate back to it later to Remove Cover Art is very clumsy when working with a large batch.

This could also help MC. If many users Remove the same image, you could recognize there's a problem with it.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: March 31, 2019, 04:51:49 pm »

Cover Art > Get From Internet needs one more option, seems simple. REMOVE current image. (Remove from current track, and also possibly Delete image file if it is worthless.)

Cover Art -> Remove Cover Art is what you are looking for.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

MusicHawk

« Reply #190 on: March 31, 2019, 04:56:27 pm »

Cover Art -> Remove Cover Art is what you are looking for.

Thanks but that is only available in a different context. My request is for a Remote option while in the midst of a batch Get From Internet. If it is OK for this process to have Keep or Change, surely it needs Remove too.

After a Get From Internet batch (sometimes large batch) has revealed problems, it is very difficult to know which tracks had bad images,then go back and Remove them.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2019, 11:44:30 am »

Spell checker (and Grammar) in the Tag section as you type. In the fields where words are expected, not numbers or symbols or what ever.   Could maybe partner with tinySpell.   With a settings section to fine tune as per user preference, inc turning it off. 

Could start with the tagging section and expand if the community like it.

But to start with just a basic spell checker if you have one you can plug into the tagging section easy enough.  Although this might be for MC v26 rather than too-easy.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2019, 12:09:09 pm »

Add to customize top tool bar:

Update Tags (from Library)
Update Library (from Tags)
Locate On Disk (External)
Analyze Audio

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2019, 03:57:55 pm »

With all these requests to add functions to the toolbar, why not just add the ability to create a toolbar item that launches an MCC command, and allows the user to select an icon from a list, or supply their own icon image?

RD James

« Reply #194 on: April 03, 2019, 06:06:13 am »

Please add a separate option for dither to file conversion.
I was just doing some test conversions only to find that Media Center was not decoding FLAC to WAV correctly - because it was also applying TPDF dither despite no other DSP being selected (not a conversion that should be dithered).
I had to disable dither for the entire program, perform the conversion, and then remember to enable it again.

Also: there's no option to delete conversion presets.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #195 on: April 03, 2019, 06:50:08 am »

Dithering is global, it cannot be controlled on a per-component basis. Same reason the setting is not zone-specific, and quite simply cannot be.
Its also not quite as simple as turning it off for file conversion. If you accidentally have a 24-bit file in there and convert that to 16-bit without dithering, I don't have to tell you that this would be bad (far worse then replacing the existing dither in file with new dither, which should be overall a neutral process, even if not "bitexact")
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RD James

« Reply #196 on: April 03, 2019, 09:52:52 am »

Dithering is global, it cannot be controlled on a per-component basis. Same reason the setting is not zone-specific, and quite simply cannot be.
Its also not quite as simple as turning it off for file conversion. If you accidentally have a 24-bit file in there and convert that to 16-bit without dithering, I don't have to tell you that this would be bad (far worse then replacing the existing dither in file with new dither, which should be overall a neutral process, even if not "bitexact")
Even if it has to be set globally like this, would it not be possible to have a dither option for conversions which would temporarily change the dither setting and restore it once the conversion is complete?
I agree that dither should be applied to most conversions, but it's not necessary for FLAC > WAV decoding, and in this case it corrupted the DTS audio contained within (it was a DTS-WAV which had been encoded to FLAC).

Easy enough to work around if you know what you're doing, but it's not the first time I've had to re-do a conversion because dither was set wrong.
If all it does is duplicate the main setting, its state could at least be set using presets to avoid that problem.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #197 on: April 03, 2019, 10:30:13 am »

and in this case it corrupted the DTS audio contained within (it was a DTS-WAV which had been encoded to FLAC).

Thats why compressed formats have no place in containers for uncompressed audio, and we won't do extra work to accomodate them.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

RD James

« Reply #198 on: April 03, 2019, 11:34:57 am »

Thats why compressed formats have no place in containers for uncompressed audio, and we won't do extra work to accomodate them.
I agree entirely - this was done to extract the DTS audio track and put it into an MKA container.
But it seems like this would happen with any lossless to lossless/uncompressed conversion - it just wouldn't break those.

MrBiff

• World Citizen
« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2019, 03:40:42 pm »

It is impossible to see tag field labels for long labels in the Tag Dump.

Please separate out the the Tag Dump field labels and the values into two columns like the other areas in the Tag window.  And maybe use the same font as other areas of the Tag window.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up