INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback Stops After Each Track [Solved]  (Read 4134 times)

Rodger3876

• Recent member
Playback Stops After Each Track [Solved]
« on: January 21, 2019, 09:41:42 pm »

I have read thru everything on the forum that I could find related to (stop playback after every song) but the problem is more stubborn than me! No playback on server, web, JRemote or Gizmo? Just no playback period? I have got to be missing a big switch somewhere?? Any advice would be great. I am on MC24 my daughter reported to me about a month ago it stopped working & I have been working on it on & off ever since.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playback Stops After Each Track [Solved]
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 06:55:20 am »

How do you start playback?

Check MC settings under Tools > Options > General > Behavior.

Rodger3876

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 09:42:14 pm »

Behavior is check to replace Playing Now (All)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 04:41:29 am »

How do you start playback?

Rodger3876

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 10:27:54 pm »

from selected Playlist Play or double click, From an album double click

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 06:42:55 am »

Rodger,you said no playback works at all.

You need to start troubleshooting from the very basics.  Use only the MC interface on the computer.

What audio device are you playing to?  Is it a locally connected USB device?  A network device?  If it's a local audio device, go check your MC audio settings:  Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device .  Make sure you still have that device selected.

That should get you started.

Brian.

Rodger3876

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 08:15:15 pm »

Sorry for the confusion I miss spoke. Playback works fine on everything. It is the next song in any playlist or album. When I select a playlist or an album & select the play button it only plays 1 song & quits?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 09:16:08 pm »

Player > Repeat > Stop after each item

Make sure that's NOT checked.

The setting is also available with a click on the Repeat icon, up next to the Shuffle and Audio Path icons.

Also, as Brian suggested above, if you are only putting one item into Playing Now, only one item will play. There are lots of ways to load Playing Now. Research them. To see what is happening, start playing an item and then check Playing Now.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Rodger3876

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 08:37:03 pm »

Example- Right click on a PlayList or Album, select Play or add to playing now, tracks get added to Playing Now, the 1st song plays, when completed Play Now stops & does not advance to next song? I have been using MC for 6 years but never had this type of issue that I have not been able to figure out?

blgentry

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 02:01:36 pm »

Do you use a network based playback device?  Like a network enabled receiver, or a bluray player, or something like that?  This sounds like a common-ish problem with network players.

If not, please tell us the make and model of your playback device and how it is connected to your mac.

Thanks,

Brian.

Rodger3876

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 10:26:07 pm »

Ok got stuck at home Today -32 below. Did a lot of troubleshooting & gave up.

Shut the whole system down & brought back up 1 at a time starting with MC Server. Played & worked great.

Then started up all other devices 1 at a time & tested. 3 TVs, 4 Android devices and 5 AudioCast Pucks. when I got to the 3rd AudioCast puck it started to play just the 1st song & not move on to the next track? I pulled this AudioCast Puck out of the system & everything is back to normal? Go Figure?

I Really like these AudioCast Pucks, I can put them anywhere & leave them on so I can send music anytime. I guess I am not sure how this 1 AudioCast Puck was messing with the system but it was?

Thanks Rodger

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 03:21:08 am »

Check for IP address clashes of the various devices. Perhaps the bad device has a static IP address which is a duplicate with another device. Or something like that.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Rodger3876

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2019, 06:40:13 pm »

No, I don't think its an IP Problem. I don't let DHCP assign addresses to permanent equipment. I do static & or mac bind & DHCP Reservation. I am wondering if it has something to do with the dlna on that device? I have 2 more AudioCast Pucks coming. I will change out that AudioCast & see what happens.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 04:32:07 am »

The only other thing I can think of is that the pucks might be flooding your LAN with UPNP NOTIFY Alive Multicasts on UDP. This might cause MC to get confused about what renderers are present and who they all are.

PS you could also download the DMRA from my sig, and a) see if it discovers all your pucks, and b) see if there is anything odd to see in the renderer report(s)..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 04:27:22 am »

Same issue for me. If I click play on an album, just the first track is played. If I select a group of track, just the first track is played

Player->repeat is set as repeat off

my DLNA renderer is an OPppo 105

thanks
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 08:57:39 am »

RalphBrooks

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2020, 04:25:08 pm »

Stanzni,
In case you have not resolved your issue of DLNA stopping after one song on your OPPO-105 I was having a similar issue and just figured out the resolution for DLNA playing on my Primare BD-32 MKII which is a basically an improved audio version of an OPPO BDP-105.  See the following link and my resolution.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120982.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up