INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shared movie cover arts and thumbnails between 2 computers  (Read 627 times)

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
Shared movie cover arts and thumbnails between 2 computers
« on: February 04, 2019, 03:17:00 pm »

Hi there,
I am running MC24 on 2 PCs for movie watching only (One in theater, the other is in the main living room, both on the same network).  All mkv movie files are located on the theater PC and a NAS.  How do I set up so that all movie cover arts ,thumbnails, etc.. are being saved in just one location instead of from 2 separate PCs.  Currently I have to do a 'Get Movie & TV info' twice (each time per PC).  I am trying to save a step. Thanks.

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Shared movie cover arts and thumbnails between 2 computers
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 02:47:03 am »

You can run one instance of MC as a 'Server' the other as a client. You therefore only need one copy of the media files. You only need to edit in one place.

The server has to be powered on to use the client though.

If you decide to run two separate copies you have the pain of syncing the database, syncing folders, doing edits in two places etc. A backup and a restore of the MC databse from the primary to the secondary may help (along with a file sync of the media files), but it seems to be far more work than a client server setup.

Spike

harlington

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 09:34:43 am »

^^ Even better.  Exactly what I need to do.  Thanks.

Spike1000

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 10:58:20 am »

I think I have a video on setting up a client server MC linked in my footer.

Note: You have to be authenticated to make edits made on a client 'stick', search the forum for issues with that before you go too far down editing on the client route. Editing on the server is fine.

Spike
Pages: [1]   Go Up