INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stability Problem  (Read 746 times)

• Recent member
Stability Problem
« on: January 23, 2019, 10:00:12 pm »

I'd like a much more stable platform before any other features are added. When 64 bit became available I found it to be a much improved option, less random crashing and faster all around. However, over the past several months I have found that even JRiver 64 on my PC's (win 10 or Win Server 2012R2) crashes often and for what appears to be no reason at all, sometimes when its open but not actually in use.

My second wish would be for it to be more intuitive, again maybe its just a few of us, or maybe just me, but I find the terminlogy and options to be somewhat complex, augmented but some features that don't seem to work the way they seem like they ought to or in a few cases, don't work at all.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stability Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 06:48:30 pm »

I would suggest enabling logging, then after you reproduce a crash, send it in.
My MC runs all day every day.  A local zone plays flac music 8 to 9 hours a day.  At the same time I am streaming audio to JRemote in my car during my commute.  Once at work, I stream to the copy of MC installed on work computer.
On weekends we watch multiple ripped movies.  I sync audio to 2 different Android smart phones regularly.  I haven't had MC crash in years, and I run the beta builds before public release.
Get a log file and let MC staff help you.

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 10:16:54 am »

That's good advice, and I have done that, but after sending in the file and waiting several weeks I didn't receive a reply.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 10:47:53 am »

Please take a look at the Weird Problems thread (linked in my signature).

The two most common reasons for crashes are drivers and antivirus software.

When you post, please include the complete version of MC and the OS that you're using.

We don't support Windows Server. 

If you're using that, you may have tried other "tweaks".  Please provide details.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 10:53:05 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up