INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raspberry PiB+ with Volumio - Playback Stops After a Few Seconds  (Read 3218 times)

Richard Martin

• World Citizen

I have Volumio installed on a Raspberry Pi B+ with a HiFiBerry DAC.  It appears as a zone in Media Center and I can play to it, but the track stops after a few seconds.  In Media Center it shows as stopped, in Volumio it shows as still playing (unitl it gets to the end of the track) but there is a no volume.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? Or can anyone give some advice about how to trouble shoot it?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Raspberry PiB+ with Volumio - Playback Stops After a Few Sceonds
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 04:09:04 pm »

If you just use the Pi and no connection, can you play audio from it?  In other words, try testing audio playback itself.

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
Re: Raspberry PiB+ with Volumio - Playback Stops After a Few Sceonds
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 04:13:38 pm »

If you just use the Pi and no connection, can you play audio from it?  In other words, try testing audio playback itself.
Yes, I can play internet radio stations, I haven't tried playing anything from a hard disk

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
Re: Raspberry PiB+ with Volumio - Playback Stops After a Few Seconds
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 05:09:22 pm »

I've made some progress.  If I queue one file then it plays all the way through.  If I queue more than one it plays for a few seconds then stops, if I then go to playing now and select the last file to play then that will play.
So...it's something to do with queuing multiple files but I wouldn't know which settings in Media Centre or Volumio would need tweaking to fix this

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 05:41:47 pm »

If you're using Volumio as a Renderer, then MC is the server, so try changing settings for the server.  It's under Tools > Options > Media Network > Edit Server

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 01:20:55 am »

Yes, I am using the Volumio as a renderer and Media Center as the server.
Do you have any suggestions about which settings I should change?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 03:43:29 am »

So...it's something to do with queuing multiple files but I wouldn't know which settings in Media Centre or Volumio would need tweaking to fix this

Right click on the renderer in MC and “Disable SetNext”..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 03:25:46 pm »

Right click on the renderer in MC and “Disable SetNext”..
That worked, thank you very much.  After owning my Raspberry Pi for years, almost since they first came out, I think I have found a use for it that will more long term than a project that I lose interest in when I get it working!

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 11:17:47 am »

There is a bug in the current version of Volumio that makes it fail with SetNext.

DSP

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2019, 02:08:30 pm »

I have the same Problem with Volumio, Rune or Moode on Raspberry or Cubietruck and on a
Raumfeld Connetor, 5-20 Seconds till stop. SetNext makes no difference. Server is MC 24/25
on a virtual Win 7 in Qnap Virtualisation. All Deviices wired on the same Switch.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 09:23:54 am »

I have the same Problem with Volumio, Rune or Moode on Raspberry or Cubietruck and on a
Raumfeld Connetor, 5-20 Seconds till stop. SetNext makes no difference. Server is MC 24/25
on a virtual Win 7 in Qnap Virtualisation. All Deviices wired on the same Switch.
We have over a dozen different DLNA devices here online all of the time and cannot reproduce this behavior even with the slowest of them and MC on RPi.
If the DLNA devices or something in your setup is incredibly slow (perhaps the virtualized server) and you are controlling with MC if it takes more than 8 seconds or so for your renderer to respond to the play command MC might think another controller has stopped playback. You could try MC's DLNA controller option "Ignore GetPosition Failure" for that zone. If that doesn't work try the other, "Ignore Transport Events"
Pages: [1]   Go Up