INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CloudPlay Questions and Answers  (Read 34114 times)

swiv3d

Re: CloudPlay Questions and Answers
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2019, 04:30:32 pm »

Just a heads up, I downloaded one of my playlists from cloudplay while I was in my main library which reads tracks from HD F:. The downloaded tracks were partially converted into local files (about 5 of 18 were not). Strangely, the local files had addresses on my NAS drive which I find a bit odd as I was expecting the translation to reference my main library file source, drive F:, since the current behaviour actually introduces duplicates rather than preventing them.

Antoon55

• Recent member
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2019, 04:35:57 am »

If I click on a music style in Radio JRiver it opens a new browser window in which a .mpl file is downloaded. Nothing else happens.
If I click on the file in my download folder nothing happens.
How can I listen to Radio JRiver?

Thanks,
Ton

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2019, 04:48:44 am »

What is your OS?

mpl is a playlist file. Try File >Open File and select it.

EdBrady

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2019, 09:38:35 pm »

I think it would be nice to have an "About Me" for users - or use a better name if you can think of something. It would be a place for users to tell a little something about themselves, and would be displayed along with their playlists.

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2019, 09:43:19 am »

MC 25.0.33 64 bit. Cloudplay Playlists show all playlists, but none of them have the Play or Download buttons - just blank. Had them in previous build, and have them in browser (https://user.jriver.com/), although in Chrome the Play button defaults to downloading the playlist and the Download button does nothing, and in Edge the Play button does nothing and the Download button brings a popup "You'll need a new app to open this localhost". Am I missing something?

Update/correction: In Edge, the Play button now gives a popup with choices of playing or downloading the playlist. The Download button downloads. I have no idea what changed since my original post, except that I rebooted. Chrome behavior unchanged, as is Media Center.

Any ideas on this? I'm unable to play any Cloudplay music in MC due to this problem. Updated to 25.0.40 but same problem. I've added a screenshot of what I see.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2019, 10:11:30 am »

What OS?

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2019, 10:27:28 am »

elderavelas

• World Citizen
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2019, 06:04:11 am »

Tracks are still appearing duplicated after uploading. I have to remove the URL referenced tracks from my library.
This is annoying.
I am running build 25.0.34 64 bits for Windows.

JohnT

« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2019, 04:08:06 pm »

MC 25.0.33 64 bit. Cloudplay Playlists show all playlists, but none of them have the Play or Download buttons - just blank. Had them in previous build, and have them in browser (https://user.jriver.com/), although in Chrome the Play button defaults to downloading the playlist and the Download button does nothing, and in Edge the Play button does nothing and the Download button brings a popup "You'll need a new app to open this localhost". Am I missing something?

Update/correction: In Edge, the Play button now gives a popup with choices of playing or downloading the playlist. The Download button downloads. I have no idea what changed since my original post, except that I rebooted. Chrome behavior unchanged, as is Media Center.
Currently Cloudplay only works in the embedded IE browser in Media Center.  Could you try signing out of Cloudplay in the embedded browser view and then sign back in?  Use the "Sign Out" link at the top right of the browser web page.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2019, 10:20:33 am »

I am using IE as the embedded browser. I logged out while in the embedded browser view and logged back in. Still no Play or Download buttions.

This is what I see.

maky100

• World Citizen
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2019, 12:34:10 pm »

Hi
I have uploaded three playlists now. Because of saving coverart as folder.jpg in the same folder as the regarding audio files and not in the files itself, I, and all others, don't see any coverart to the songs during playing. Not so good. Any chance to edit it afterwards?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: May 15, 2019, 06:21:06 pm »

JohnT installed a new version of the server today, so there are a few changes:

1.  The GUI is improved so more users can be viewed at once, making it easier to scroll through the list.

2.  The popup information on the track list is now gone and replace by similar functionality in the main interface.

3.  Several bugs were fixed.

4.  You'll see Radio JRiver stations at the top.  Only Eclectic is there so far, but we'll add others.

5.  Likes were introduced for playlists.  Click on the heart symbol to add or remove a like.

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #162 on: May 16, 2019, 02:26:46 pm »

How does the licensing work for CloudPlay? Do the artists involved receive any money when one of their tracks is streamed?

Antoon55

• Recent member
« Reply #163 on: May 16, 2019, 02:37:07 pm »

I can only use cloudplay and jradio on my local player. It won't give any sound on other devices connected by BubbleUPnP.
How to fix this?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: May 16, 2019, 05:10:04 pm »

How does the licensing work for CloudPlay? Do the artists involved receive any money when one of their tracks is streamed?
Yes, but the royalties are collected by services who then divide the money.

mlknez

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2019, 05:46:39 pm »

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but can I upload my own songs and playlists that are LOCAL on my computer to cloudplay so that I can play them when I am away from my computer?
Media Room: LG OLED83C1, Marantz AV8805A, Sherbourn 7/2100, Benchmark AHB2, Studer A80, Studer Revox b795, Nakamichi RX-202, HTPC, exaSound e38, Sweetvinyl Sugarcube SC-2, Silicondust HDHomeRun Flex 4k, Spectrum Cable DVR, Fire Cube TV 4k, 2x Piega P10, Piega Coax Center, 8x Piega AP 1.2, Hsu VTF-15h mk2

Office: Emotiva mini-x A100, Geek Pulse, 2x KEF LS-50, Goldenear FF 4, PC, NAS 180TB

Bedroom: LG OLED48A2, Marantz NR1200, Mini-HTPC, 2x Elac Uni-Fi UB5

Game/Exercise Room: LG OLED65C7, PS3, Xbox One, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Katana, Edison C150

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2019, 05:58:16 pm »

On both of your questions, the answer is, "We're still learning."   We hope to improve both, but the server belongs to Amazon.

We will probably not allow DSD or anything so large.  At least, not anytime soon.

That's unfortunate. I would certainly love to be able to upload and download DSD, even if there is a fee involved.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2019, 06:02:29 pm »

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but can I upload my own songs and playlists that are LOCAL on my computer to cloudplay so that I can play them when I am away from my computer?
Yes, that's exactly what it's for.

At this time, you need to use MC to play them.

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2019, 06:30:51 pm »

I am having problems signing up as well. User name is the same as here. I never received the confirmation email.
I am told the email is already confirmed, but that's not true. I am not able to sign in.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2019, 07:25:20 pm »

I am having problems signing up as well. User name is the same as here. I never received the confirmation email.
I am told the email is already confirmed, but that's not true. I am not able to sign in.
Did you sign up before?

Did you check your spam folder for the confirmation?

Leroy Bad

« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2019, 09:27:31 pm »

I was trying it out, but I ran into some road blocks.
1. It seems only flac and apple lossless are supported. I use AIFF. Perhaps on-the-fly transcoding could be added in the future? Or even better totally lossless streaming is supported (wav/aiff)
2. Art work must be embedded into the files metadata. I make it a rule not to do this. My artwork is stored as an external "folder.jpg" file. Perhaps auto embedding image files could be included in a only-the-fly transcoding feature?

The Cloudplay is a great idea, but I'd hate to disturb my collection for it.

madbrain

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2019, 01:19:32 am »

Did you sign up before?

Not that I recall.

Did you check your spam folder for the confirmation?

Yes, and it wasn't there.

Is there any visual indication that one is signed in ? When I sign in with the user and password, I don't get an error. But apparently nothing happens either.

swiv3d

« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2019, 02:16:08 am »

Try the Forgot Password link on the sign in page - worked for me. You should get an email to reset and then it seems to work.

Shasta Mike

• World Citizen
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2019, 03:51:57 am »

Got signed in today and uploaded my first playlist.  All went pretty smooth.  My issue is that searching for music does not work very well for a few reasons.
1) the search engine returns different results for the same search.  I used R&B and Pop in my playlist title and decided to search for those terms.  Sometimes it brought up my playlist and sometimes someone elses playlist with no Pop or R&B in the title was returned as a hit. 

2) Playlist naming by participants is all over the place.   Sickmusic or Fred's Faves or playlist 2.2019 doesn't tell me a thing.   

This Cloudplay idea has fantastic potential but to make it useful it needs a much better search engine.  Also, uploaders are going to need to be forced to enter some metadata that can be searched on. With the library growing for it to actually be useful for finding new music it needs at least these basic improvements.  I figured all the music attributes I have with my music like date released, genre, album artwork, etc would be captured but that doesn't seem the case.  Those would make this really useful.   

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2019, 06:23:54 am »

Thanks for the feedback.  We're still working on search and many other aspects.

I find that I explore playlists of users, one at a time,  and after a while, I've found certain users whose taste I like.  In the future, we should be able to automate this a little.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2019, 06:33:38 am »

I was trying it out, but I ran into some road blocks.
1. It seems only flac and apple lossless are supported. I use AIFF. Perhaps on-the-fly transcoding could be added in the future? Or even better totally lossless streaming is supported (wav/aiff)
2. Art work must be embedded into the files metadata. I make it a rule not to do this. My artwork is stored as an external "folder.jpg" file. Perhaps auto embedding image files could be included in a only-the-fly transcoding feature?

The Cloudplay is a great idea, but I'd hate to disturb my collection for it.
Both of those are on our list.

dstrenz

• Recent member
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2019, 01:13:35 pm »

I'm new to the forum but have been using jriver for over a year and am failing to get the cloud play feature to work. The wiki docs doesn't match what what I see when I try to use is (v25, btw). Here's what I did:
Click Playlists/cloudplay
Click Playlist
Try to sign up.
At this point I get an error saying "We're sorry but something went wrong. If you are the application owner check the logs for more information." And now, that error comes up every time immediately after clicking "Playlists" or "Radio JRiver".

What is going wrong here? Is there any accurate documentation about how to use this feature? (Other than reading hundreds of messages, of course)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2019, 01:51:39 pm »

What is the full version of MC?  What OS?

Instructions are here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120166.0.html

BigMikeSantaCruz

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2019, 02:21:44 pm »

I created a test playlist with 5 high-resolution flac files from different artists and albums. I clicked "Upload to Cloud" and it informed me it uploaded it and saved an MPL file on my desktop. The MPL has only one file in it, the last one. When I look at the upload details, the first four say "failed". The MPL will open the one successful file.

I repeated "Upload to cloud", then clicked "Details" and it shows all five files "In Queue". After clicking "Upload", I'm immediately presented with an error dialog, "Errors prevented uploading one or more playlist tracks. Please try again later."

The first four files existed during previous efforts to upload, but the 5th file was an AIF which doesn't seem to be supported. I replace it with a flac in the playlist, and that file seems to be the only one I can play. When I visit my Cloudplay from within MC or a web browser, it does not show that any files or playlists exist. I switched to IE within MC before I tried uploading anything.

MC 25.0.37 64-bit win10
--
Big Mike
Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad ~{°¿°}~

swiv3d

« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2019, 02:42:15 pm »

@BigMikeSantaCruz - I don't see your username anywhere in cloudplay.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2019, 02:51:13 pm »

Mike,
Please test ordinary FLAC files first.  Not all formats are supported.

Roma

• Recent member
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2019, 02:57:57 pm »

Hi,
I apologize if earlier there was an answer to my question. Why not possible to upload *.wav files?

Best regads,
Roma.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2019, 03:04:25 pm »

No.  We don't expect to support WAV.  It's twice the storage and bandwidth, with no advantage over lossless formats.

Sean Bigelow

• Recent member
« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2019, 03:06:51 pm »

I am unable to sign up for Cloudplay.  I have tried inside MC (Media Center 25.0.039 (64 bit)) and also in my browser (Chrome).  I have the MC browser set to IE.  No error message is displayed.  The password fields just come back cleared.  Any help would be appreciated.

BigMikeSantaCruz

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2019, 03:55:30 pm »

@BigMikeSantaCruz - I don't see your username anywhere in cloudplay.

It's the same name as I use here.

Mike,
Please test ordinary FLAC files first.  Not all formats are supported.

Yes, all 5 files are stereo FLAC files.
--
Big Mike
Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad ~{°¿°}~

swiv3d

« Reply #185 on: May 17, 2019, 04:19:25 pm »

Can't see you in cloudplay with or without uploaded content selected in options - something must be awry!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: May 17, 2019, 05:22:17 pm »

I think it would be nice to have an "About Me" for users - or use a better name if you can think of something. It would be a place for users to tell a little something about themselves, and would be displayed along with their playlists.
Good idea.  We might try it.  I'm always curious.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: May 17, 2019, 05:24:47 pm »

Win 10 1803/17134.706
Are you logged in?  Is MC25 registered or in a trial period?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #188 on: May 17, 2019, 05:33:31 pm »

I created a test playlist with 5 high-resolution flac files from different artists and albums.
Hi-Res would be considered a normal FLAC file.  Try 44.1 Khz / 16 bit files.

swiv3d

« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2019, 05:52:37 pm »

Hi JimH - as I pointed out BigMikeSantaCruz doesn't seem to appear in the users list in cloudplay.

dstrenz

• Recent member
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2019, 05:55:33 pm »

What is the full version of MC?  What OS?

Instructions are here:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120166.0.html

It's 25.0.37 64bit on an Intel NUC running Win10.

I restarted MC, clicked Cloudplay, and tried to sign up but after clicking the [Sign Up] button to submit the form, the form just comes right back with the passwords emptied out. No error reported. Hmm, is there an undocumented password requirement, like length or symbols, or caps or something?

cmj3

« Reply #191 on: May 17, 2019, 06:17:38 pm »

I'd like to see Cloudplay available as a streaming service on BlueSound's BluOS.

donlboy

• World Citizen
« Reply #192 on: May 17, 2019, 07:16:51 pm »

Are you logged in?  Is MC25 registered or in a trial period?

I am logged in, have logged out and back in several times. MC25 is registered, now on 25.0.37. I added a screen shot later, did you see that?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2019, 07:24:17 pm »

It's 25.0.37 64bit on an Intel NUC running Win10.
It would be good to update to 25.0.40.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120733.0.html

tdk7503

• Recent member
« Reply #194 on: May 17, 2019, 08:47:07 pm »

hello..
newbie to cloudlplay. installed the JRiver android app on my DAP. will I be able to access my uploaded files in cloudplay through the app? thanks!!

dstrenz

• Recent member
« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2019, 10:21:12 pm »

It would be good to update to 25.0.40.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120733.0.html

Tried 25.0.40 and the same exact thing happens. Tried changing the browser from Chromium to IE with no affect. I wish there was an error message rather than just continually redisplaying the same screen.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: May 17, 2019, 10:29:25 pm »

Security software?

Sean Bigelow

• Recent member
« Reply #197 on: May 17, 2019, 11:25:35 pm »

Tried 25.0.40 and the same exact thing happens. Tried changing the browser from Chromium to IE with no affect. I wish there was an error message rather than just continually redisplaying the same screen.

I'm having the same problem.  Reported above, earlier today.

dstrenz

• Recent member
« Reply #198 on: May 17, 2019, 11:37:24 pm »

Security software?

Webroot security software. Disabling it makes no difference. Same with VPN.

Blooloo

• Recent member
« Reply #199 on: May 18, 2019, 03:24:28 am »

Cloudplay refuses my attempts to register.
I fill out my correct forum username, email and select a new 20 digit password and confirm it in the last field - on hitting enter it keeps blanking both password fields out leaving just the username, email fields intact.
I've tried shorter passwords, passwords with no hexadecimals or special characters, same result, just cannot register.
Thanx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up