INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When viewing images (slideshow) while listening to music...  (Read 819 times)

Deenfan

• Recent member
When viewing images (slideshow) while listening to music...
« on: April 05, 2019, 01:58:07 pm »

Hi!

Just upgraded from MC23 to 25. One of the most frequent situations in my use of the program is playing music through the stereo while showing photos on the TV. This has always worked very well, but after upgrading it has gotten troublesome. Here is what I do and what happens:

1.Right click on Audio, choose Play.
2.Click on "Playing now" (not necessary if that view is "in place" already.
3.Right click on Images, choose Play. Now, slideshow starts and all is well. Occasionally, an image appears that I want to delete, usually not permanently from disk, just from being shown in the library, because it's not a great photo to fill half the living-room wall with. To achieve this, I simply...
4.Press Delete on the keyboard. Remove from library is default choice, so I just hit Enter. Now, with all previous versions MC just moved on to the next image in the slideshow. Wonderful. MC25, however stops the slideshow. If I now right click on Images and choose Play, the music stops as a new slideshow starts. Why? (It does not help to click on Playing now first, either. That has always been necessary for this combination of features to work properly, for some reason.)

I reckon this is a bug. I hope any which way that the brilliant team behind this great programme can put this right for me and anyone else who uses this program in this way.

Cheers

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: When viewing images (slideshow) while listening to music...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 03:12:45 pm »

I found that the delete key didn't delete unless the list was focused.  This will be fixed next build.

It seems to continue just fine after my changes, so please test and let us know.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Deenfan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 03:05:52 am »

Hi Matt! Thanks for answering. Let me be more specific. When I have started the music, and starts the slideshow, it's full screen, so nothing of the user interface can be seen. But you can right click on the screen and get the options, or as I am happy to do, hit Delete on the keyboard. The box comes up with the three choices. Since the first choice is the one I want, I hit Enter. And, with 25, the slideshow stops. If I try to start a new slideshow, the music stops. With 23 and all earlier versions, the slideshow didn't stop after deleting an image, but ploughed on.

But do I understand correctly that you meant testing after the next build is released and installed? I wasn't to expect changes today, already?

Regards

Deenfan

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 02:42:32 am »

Ok, I have a finding. The problem is that during a slideshow, if I delete an image, the slideshow is gone and a new one has to be started. This didn't happen on earlier versions. I have not tested 24, though.

BUT, if the display is detached, the problem is gone!  :D I can use this as a workaround, but it would be even better if this helped you identify and solve the problem.  :)

(Editing -> Save & Exit does not stop the slideshow. Just any form of delete.)

Deenfan

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 02:54:50 am »

Now, I tested this while playing music (see original post). And then, it doesn't seem to help. If I am playing music, then start the slideshow, I must right-click to find Delete, as the button doesn't do the trick with a detached display, apparently. Anyway, when I delete, the slideshow stops, and when I start a new (right-click on images and choose play), the music stops. So the workaround is not helping me in the situation I most often find myself in: Listening to music from MC, while watching photos from MC - and sometimes deciding to delete one of the images.   :(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 06:57:44 am »

Space bar should start the slideshow again.  Any manual interaction will pause the slideshow.

Deenfan

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 05:51:06 am »

Yes, you're right. Thank you for replying. But I have been imprecise. The slideshow doesn't pause, or stop in that way. It disappears. I am back to scratch, and have to start a fresh new slideshow. This is a bit annoying, especially when I look through the images in that manner, to edit or delete photos that might need it when seen on the screen. No earlier version of MC that I have used (and it's been a few) has behaved like this.

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up