INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Potential bug with "Particles"  (Read 787 times)

HamDog

• Recent member
Potential bug with "Particles"
« on: June 07, 2019, 12:48:16 am »

I have lots of big .mkv concert videos.  I'm learning to use Particles to separate these into chapters manually.  A very time consuming task.  To simplify a bit, I right click on the mkv file and "make particles" 25 times (if the video has 25 chapters).  By doing this, I create a table.  Then I enter the track names and playback ranges.  I also add track number in the fields.  This works fine most of the time.

But SOMETIMES, the particles won't play and I get a "file not found" error when playing these individual chapters (Particles).  I've traced the error to JRiver changing something in the file path (under tag properties).  For example, the path should be:
Z:\Videos\Concerts\Eric Clapton - Live In Sand Diego (2017) - BR 1080 DTS-HDMA\
But some of the particles have changed the "1080" in the path to "1180", "1280", "1380", etc. And if I try to correct the path in the properties, then it changes the filename by adding a (1) to the end of the filename.  And this cannot be undone.

Sometimes it does this to all 25 particles created under the same mkv.  Sometimes it does it to only some chapters, but not others. 

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Edit:  The only way to fix this is to delete the particles and start over.  Usually, it's fine the 2nd time. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Potential bug with "Particles"
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 06:41:35 am »

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 08:26:13 am »

I think that you are not doing anything wrong. Same thing happened to me all the time when I tried to create particles from radio shows. When I the edit tags for particle (e.g. track number) then link to base file gets broken and had to start from the beginning.

HamDog

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 10:41:22 am »

Glad to hear I'm not doing something wrong and it's a potential bug.  JimH, I'm gonna try out the tools today and see if it helps.  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up