INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 25.0.24 -- Available Here  (Read 4774 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
JRiver Media Center 25.0.24 -- Available Here
« on: April 15, 2019, 12:46:38 pm »

Download standard build
This is a new build of JRiver Media Center 25.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download 32-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v25/latest/MediaCenter250024.exe (works on all systems)

Download 64-bit build
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v25/latest/MediaCenter250024-x64.exe (works on 64 bit systems only)

25.0.24 (4/15/2019)

1. Changed: Move the audio/video buffer disable options in Media Network so they are available without DLNA enabled. Note these only really work properly in Linux.
2. Changed: Update the radioparadise cover art url (we were getting a permanent redirect to this).
3. Fixed: Cloudplay uploaded out-of-sequence playlists when some tracks failed or were not qualified.
4. Fixed: APE tagging could crash.
5. Changed: Radio Paradise files don't thumbnail.
6. Changed: Updated the Korean translation (thanks Junghwan).

25.0.23 (4/12/2019)

1. Fixed: The columns in the CD / DVD list would not always properly update as actions started and stopped.
2. Fixed: The width of CD columns did not account for the monitor DPI.
3. Changed: If DVB-C scanning failed to have tuner locks, MC will try small variations of frequency values.
4. Fixed: Cloudplay is better about maintaining it's web page position when navigating back and forth between MC views.
5. Changed: When downloading your own playlist from Cloudplay it will set it's filenames to the original local files rather than url's if the local files still exist.
6. Changed: Renamed CloudPlay to Cloudplay.

25.0.22 (4/12/2019)

1. Fixed: The blue light would not illuminate if memory playback was enabled.
2. Changed: After an import, relational fields are gone through and set on the new files.
3. Fixed: Failure to parse Sat>IP tuning parameters when trying to scan Sat>IP channels using NIT.
4. Changed: In DVB channel scanning the wait time for tuner lock is increased in an effort to tune to some hard to tune transponders.
5. NEW: The Closed Captioning / Subtitle selection during live TV viewing will be saved to the channel's PlaybackInfo tag and will be automatically selected the next time the channel is played.
6. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.63.

25.0.21 (4/10/2019)

1. Fixed: The list scroll position would not be at the top in some cases.
2. Fixed: Analyzing audio streams with a format change near the end of the file could result in bogus R128/ReplayGain data.

25.0.20 (4/9/2019)

1. Changed: The tooltip for an image in the Tag Action Window will explain that the image can be saved internally by enabling the option if the art is saved externally.
2. Changed: The numbers in the reporter view have commas in them.
3. NEW: Added the option Options > General > Advanced > Save pane selection between runs.  It defaults to off, but allows turning it on.
4. Fixed: Pressing Delete during image playback would not trigger a delete of the file (unless the list was in focus).
5. Changed: Updated the Hungarian translation (thanks pimpolo).
6. Fixed: When playing videos recorded on ATSC TV channels, the subtitle (closed captioning) choice was not saved for the next session.
7. NEW: Lyrics are looked up at Google before looking at other sites.
8. NEW: Added the edit type and data type to the MCWS Library/Fields function.

25.0.19 (4/4/2019)

1. Fixed: In-stream Sat>IP channel scanning would have an empty frequency list and crash.
2. NEW: Lyrics can now be displayed for DLNA playback zones.
3. NEW: When doing a movie lookup from themoviedb.org, the IMDBId will be used in addition to searching on the name.
4. Fixed: Closed Captioning could not be turned off by using OSD, if it had been turned on with mouse.
5. Changed: A possible fix for a Sat>IP in-transport-stream channel scanning issue.
6. Fixed: TV engine tried to turn on CC over and over during recording (when no video was showing).
7. NEW: MCCommand MCC_PLAYBACK_ENGINE_SET_SUBTITLES (28032) will now work on TV playback as well.
8. NEW: Keyboard shortcut "Alt C" for toggling Closed Captioning/Subtitling.
9. Changed: Updated to Monkey's Audio 4.61.

25.0.18 (4/1/2019)

1. Fixed: When analyzing audio in videos, the statusbar would not update properly.
2. Changed: Further increased performance when encoding or streaming videos, both in general and specifically with active subtitles.
3. NEW: Sat>IP DVB-S channels can be scanned using Network Information Table, instead of using the static frequency list.
4. Changed: Made the maximum height of a menu 75% of the height of the monitor instead of 50% the height.
5. NEW: Added "Analyze Audio" to the customize toolbar dialog.
6. Changed: TV option "Closed Captions (only supported for analog television)" is renamed "Closed Captions".
7. NEW: Closed Captioning will be turned on automatically at live TV start up if "Closed Captions" option is on.
8. Fixed: Using Intel QuickSync Hardware Encoding to stream to Panel or JRemote could result in playback failing in some cases.
9. Fixed: Typo "Confirm Actiom".
10. Fixed: The right and left arrows to advance image playback was not working in all cases (between 2D and 3D viewer, etc.).
11. Changed: Made the lyrics lookup handle list style artist fields (it will lookup each artist individually until it finds a match).
12. Fixed: If a playlist to be uploaded was renamed in the action window, the new name didn't 'stick'.
13. Changed: Uploaded playlist files can be 16 or 24 bit and can have sample rates up to 192khz.

25.0.17 (3/28/2019)

1. Changed: Increased the maximum number of choices in "Right click recent command count" to 15.
2. Fixed: The "New" column in standard view EPG had checkmarks on reruns instead of new shows.
3. Fixed: The option to start a slideshow automatically for image playback was not being honored.
4. Fixed: If you were playing images, paused, then advanced to the next image, a slideshow would start again (instead of staying paused).
5. NEW: Added a "Toggle Split View" button that you can add to the toolbar to show two views then one view.
6. NEW: Support for Hardware Encoding of H.264 for Video Conversion and Streaming, for NVIDIA using NVENC, and Intel using QuickSync.
7. Changed: Greatly increased video encoding performance on videos with no visible subtitles.
8. NEW: Added a CloudPlay tree item on the left, with links to Playlist Upload (formerly Doctor Who) and Radio JRiver.
9. Fixed: Panel - Search results were not getting loaded when using an expression as the search parameter.

25.0.16 (3/25/2019)

1. Changed: Made the new features help shortcut link to the MC25 thread instead of the MC24 thread.
2. Changed: Made the toolbar colors for the bottom toolbar the same as the top toolbar with Modern Cards Grey.
3. Changed: TV recording manager no longer reload TV settings every minute.  The settings change is now messaged to TV recording manager.
4. Fixed: MC might not wake up to record TV shows on clients even if the clients were configured to record.
5. Changed: Increased the threading of thumbnail creation by the auto-import process.
6. NEW: Made audio analysis done by auto-import threaded.
7. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
8. Changed: Updated Italian translation (thanks matteo e massimo).
9. Changed: When scheduling a TV show recording, if recording can only happen on one computer (i.e. the server) the computer selection page of the TV recording wizard is not shown.
10. Changed: Ran all the translations through the tool to update to the latest strings from the source code.
11. NEW: Right-click on Playing Now > "Add Dynamic Zone..." to add a zone URL someplace on the network.
12. Fixed: Selecting to draw lyrics to a DLNA zone would crash.  Now the option doesn't even appear.
13. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.74.1, improved TrueHD bitstreaming, faster AV1 decoding and better web support.
14. Fixed: Removing MP3 tags would ask about ID3v1 or ID3v2 and hang instead of asking and working.
15. Changed: If a handheld is uploading, a call to MCWS/v1/Handheld/Sync will just return that the device is busy.
16. Fixed: A piece of experimental code sneaked into release and caused Sat->IP TV to malfunction.
17. Changed: Blu-ray playlists are properly handled in advanced mode when a custom DirectShow Source Filter is being used.
18. Changed: Custom video playback mode automatically selects between LAV Splitter and LAV Splitter Source as appropriate, if its chosen as a custom override.
19. Fixed: The trailer returned by Get Movie & TV Info... could be empty (but still have a value in it to make the trailer system confused).

25.0.15 (3/20/2019)

1. Changed: German translation updated (thanks ByteStar).
2. NEW: Threaded the file gathering for CD list controls.
3. Changed: Deleting a library field will select the next list item instead of the first.
4. Changed: Made the default Theater View scale dependent on screen DPI, to better suit 4K displays.
5. Fixed: Panel - The browser login dialog box was appearing again when starting Panel.
6. Fixed: Importing from a memory card as a camera could get the same files over and over in some cases.
7. Changed: Removed adding the date and time to import from WIA devices.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

brgreg

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 25.0.24 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 07:41:30 pm »

The blue light is now illuminated on the DSP button when using load decoded file into memory for the following skins:
Black on Black
Modern Cards: Dark Edition
Modern Cards: Grey Edition
Modern Cards: White Edition
Noire
Noire Glass

The remaining skins do not trigger the blue light. In the discussion which prompted this fix. it was stated that the blue light capability would not work with all skins. - Just wanted to be sure that the skins I did not mention were the ones for which this capability does not exist.

I'd been using the ThunderStorm skin, but could change to a different one if necessary.
Thanks.

dabu

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 09:42:45 pm »

When the MC window has focus, using global keyboard shortcuts with Alt in them, like Ctrl-Alt-F9, causes MC to open up the File menu (or presumably other menus if the key combo has a letter instead of F9). OS: Windows 7 x64

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 08:31:01 am »

Car radio playlist, play a track and then shut down MC. Reopen and press play it doesn't scroll down to and highlight the last played track for that list.  Did it ever? did I just think it did? 
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 08:36:01 am »

Car radio playlist, play a track and then shut down MC. Reopen and press play it doesn't scroll down to and highlight the last played track for that list.  Did it ever? did I just think it did? 
Take a look at Tools > Options > General > Behavior

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 08:37:31 am »

There's also a fix brewing for showing the playing file in Playing Now:
Fixed: The current track would not be shown when first loading a Playing Now view.

It could make a difference as well.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 08:43:08 am »

There's also a fix brewing for showing the playing file in Playing Now:
Fixed: The current track would not be shown when first loading a Playing Now view.

It could make a difference as well.

I see, ta.

I always play from one of my car radio lists and then just shut down MC. Then on restart I press play and the last file in that list plays from the start, I prefer from the start.  Auto scrolling down to the file and highlight it I like.   But to also remember the last played file in each car radio list.  I find after a week MC appears to forget, and it might be a week or more before I change car radio lists.

Take a look at Tools > Options > General > Behavior

This is what I have in that section. Which should I be setting.

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 03:08:43 am »

I'm still unsure which setting is needed to make MC scroll down and highlight the file when first opening MC and pressing play.  I have the music tagged as music/audio and bookmarks at default.  Playback is fine,   its just MC doesn't scroll down to highlight the playing file upon first play in a car radio playlist. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 09:24:57 am »

I'm still unsure which setting is needed to make MC scroll down and highlight the file when first opening MC and pressing play.  I have the music tagged as music/audio and bookmarks at default.  Playback is fine,   its just MC doesn't scroll down to highlight the playing file upon first play in a car radio playlist.

Again, just wait for the next build.  I think everything will be better then.

Thanks.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 03:14:29 pm »

I'm not sure where to post this issue so I'll post it here. Feel free to move it if necessary.

When I open Panel and go to Streaming (a.k.a. Radio JRiver, right?) and play a genre from the 4 listed, any track that is played is added to my "Recently Imported" list as well as my library as if the tracks are on my machine. I can then play those tracks using the EOS app on my Android. I'm thinking that this whole process is still a bug. Tracks that I listen to on a stream (Cloudplay and/or Radio JRiver) shouldn't be adding themselves to my library.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 12:27:18 pm »

Rename Move & Copy files doesn't anymore rename files which has not been imported (and played). It just moves them to destination directory. Preview shows files as renamed but actually MC just moves the files maintaining original filename.

If I drop moved files again to MC's playing now and do renaming again it will change the filenames as ordered

My complete workflow here is:
1. Drop lossless files (are not imported to DB) to MC's Playing now
2. Edit metadata to my liking
3. convert to lossy files which are imported to DB
4. use RM&C rename to move lossless files to my archive drive (this fails as descried above)
 - Interesting thing might be that if I'm playing some track while tagging that file will be renamed correctly when doing step 4

Bohemian

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2019, 03:29:46 am »

Since update (automatic) newly imported files are not showing cover art, even though it is embedded in the file tags.

Existing files display fine, problem is new imports.

Images are in files, because they do display properly in my idpi viewed through vns.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2019, 08:23:31 am »

It could just be that thumbnails haven't been built.  MC can build them all at once.  Search for thumbnails in Options.

RD James

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2019, 09:22:37 am »

It's not specific to this build, but I've also run into issues where MC25 (only 25) just stopped displaying thumbnails for new files - even after ensuring that they were built (and rebuilt) and after restarting the program.
I have not been able to find a way to reliably reproduce this issue however. They started working again for no apparent reason.

There's still the long-standing issue where TV Series thumbnails are not displayed unless MC is restarted, but that's been around for years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up