INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Refuses to import a folder  (Read 813 times)

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
Refuses to import a folder
« on: April 15, 2019, 09:52:07 pm »

I just downloaded a 192/24 FLAC Albert King file from HD tracks and have tried to import it both using Import A Single Folder and Run Auto-Import Now. Neither one can find the file and I've tried browsing to 2 different locations. One is in my computer and the other is in my Synology NAS. See https://www.dropbox.com/s/xld9gsv90m1o9l9/Screenshot%202019-04-15%2019.35.25.png?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xl8pxrq7pjum85/Screenshot%202019-04-15%2019.40.18.png?dl=0 .When I click on Finish, the result of the search is always "Imported 0 new files."

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Refuses to import a folder
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 01:00:36 am »

If the location you placed the file is also set up to be imported via Auto Import, then the file was probably imported before you even tried to import it, automatically. Hence zero files to import.

Search for the file inside MC. Recent Import Smartlist, Explorer under Drives & Devices, or by name. It probably there somewhere, but with incorrect tags.

If there was a problem preventing it being imported, MC should have told you.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 01:47:36 am »

I had already searched for it under Artist, Album and Genre and found no match. Where do I find the Recent Import Smartlist in MC? I don't see Drives & Devices under Explorer. I know Device Manager and Devices & Printers in the Control Panel, but not as searchable. I am an a/v expert, not a computer expert so please don't be surprised by the 2 previous sentences.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 02:04:05 am »

Try just under Files and go to the file location where it should be, it may be in there.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 02:31:59 am »

Okay, I didn't get the name absolutely correct. Typing fast.

The "Recently Imported" Smartlist sits directory under the "Playlists" group in the left Navigation Pane in MC. It is managed by MC, created and removed as required, as the contents age. It doesn't keep everything forever, so sometimes it just disappears.

Don't look under Audio Views such Artist, Album, and Genre, because those Views are already filtered to [Media Type]=Audio, and maybe something went wrong with the import, and it wasn't tagged correctly.

The "Explorer" I was talking about is the one inside MC. Not Windows Explorer. "Drives & Devices" is in the left Navigation pane. Explorer is under that. Drill down to the location you put the file in. MC will show all files initially, including those imported into the Library and other files. Once you find the file you are trying to import, tick the box at the top of the screen that says "Show Only Files In Library". If your file has been imported, it will stay visible. If it has not been imported, it will vanish.

If the file stayed visible and has therefore been imported, select it and open the tag window in MC, and then check all the relevant tags like [Media Type], [Media Sub Type], [Genre], and any other tags you may have used to filter files out of your audio Views. Fix the tags.

If the file disappeared because it hadn't been imported, then find the file in Windows Explorer, right-click on it, and select "Media Center > Import" and see if that imports it for you. That function will be available if you have the Shell Integration" setting selected in MC Options. You should have, as it is on by default.

If that doesn't import the file, something must be wrong with it. Hopefully, MC gives you some more details about it, but if not, you will need to create a log of trying to import it, and have a look in the log, search for the file name, and see if there are any messages about it.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

tuneup

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 09:57:13 am »

Thanks Roderick. Many long work days right  now. Will dig into this ASAP and get back to you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up