INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: System advances to the next song or episode  (Read 619 times)

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
System advances to the next song or episode
« on: April 18, 2019, 09:47:46 am »

This originally occurred in .18. Just upgraded to .24. Looked at the up dates and no reference to this anomaly. It is intermittent. I would not have noticed if I wasn't working on the system. It also occurs when watching TV series from server. I can't find anything to trigger the event. It happens without any activity on my part. It seems to occur when the show or song has exceeded 50 - 60% of its play time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: System advances to the next song or episode
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 09:51:29 am »

Please describe your setup.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 04:53:27 pm »

Windows 7, JRiver 25, AMD FX8350 with 16 GB RAM, 6 TB storage 500GB SSD boot drive.. Unraid (ver 6) file server 16TB, hardwired network. The file server has worked flawlessly since 2005, This PC is about 4 years old and the server is pushing 14 years old.   The server disks drives have been upgraded many times.

Periodically, after playing about 60% of a song or a TV episode it will advance to the next one on the list. I play the song or episode over from the beginning and it works fine. I have tried to find a way to duplicate the problem and have not been successful.   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 05:57:00 pm »

So you're playing files you imported from the server and you're playing them on the PC itself, not playing to another device.  Is that correct?

No DLNA involved?

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 06:01:57 pm »

That is correct. No DNLA involved

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 06:13:07 pm »

Let me correct that a little. In the past I would output my files to my stereo system for audio (HDMI). For video I used  HDMI to the stereo for audio and the video to the TV from the receiver.  We have retired but haven't settled on a house yet, so in the interim I am outputting the video and audio signal to the TV and a Bose speaker over HDMI cable. I did not experience a problem on MC 22 and not sure if this occurred on 24 but I think it may have. At the time I thought it was my mistake. I didn't use it 24 very long before upgrading to 25. I hope that helps.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 02:58:15 pm »

This happens more frequently when I am doing speed listening to categorize a piece of music. I listen to the open 30 seconds in, middle, then about 20 seconds near the end. Perhaps you can recreate the problem now.

I have been doing this in every previous version I have owned and never had a problem. (except 24 & 25)
Pages: [1]   Go Up