INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intermittent renderer/DLNA troubles  (Read 1237 times)

tWreCK

• Recent member
Intermittent renderer/DLNA troubles
« on: April 28, 2019, 11:14:19 am »

Hey y'all!

I'm back again with new DLNA/streaming problems. I'm using MC25 on a windows 10 client streaming media to a Samsung TV. This setup worked flawlessly in the past until my client machine's gpu gave up. Swapped the systemboard and it's up & running again. Only difference this time is instead of MC24 I'm using MC25. I used a different pc for streaming in the meantime while waiting for the parts etc to arrive.

Everything's running fine except I'm getting intermittent errors streaming media to the TV. The same media I streamed before without any problems. It's not isolated to a specific media type ie flac, mkv, mpeg2, DSD etc. Some of the files stream fine while others of the same type do not. Those same files used to stream fine with the same setup. Obviously something's changed ?

I ran the DRM Analyser and I've attached the logfile. I'm certainly no expert on DLNA/JRiver streaming so if anyone has any clue as to why this is happenening any and all ideas/suggestions are welcome  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Intermittent renderer/DLNA troubles
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 12:14:11 pm »

Check your conversion settings on the server.  MC can convert.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 01:47:20 pm »

I ran the DRM Analyser and I've attached the logfile.

That looks like a really competent renderer. It should be able to play whatever format you throw at it (either as Original or Converted). So any issues are probably either in MC itself or on the PC on which MC is running.

Personally I suggest to start by setting MC to serve in Original format, since in such cases any stuttering can probably be put down to slow disk access, or network dropouts.

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

tWreCK

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 05:14:18 am »

Thx for the replies! I'll check the settings in MC (and set them to original if needed) and see if that fixes the problem. The pc has an older non SSD drive but even so it worked great in the past. I'll report back the results.

tWreCK

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 05:41:23 am »

Ok so I checked the settings and to my surprise they had changed since the upgrade. After the upgrade I did a library restore but it doesn't seem the settings we're saved in the backup? I changed the audio/video settings to original format. One question - in MC options menu, you click media network > add/configure DLNA servers and there you find all the settings for that unit. What about the settings under media network > client options?

In any case streaming video/audio is working again without problems  :)  Thx a bunch for the help!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 05:18:02 pm »

I agree that, based on reports and my experience, for some people, some settings are not restored in a Library Backup/Restore cycle, MC24 to MC25. I had to fix a couple of settings, but I didn't take note of which they were.

What about the settings under media network > client options?

Those settings are for pure MC Server to MC Client connections. The best I can work out, such connections are established using some DLNA functionality, but the Client/Server functionality is much enhanced beyond DLNA. A simple example of that is that the MC Client gets a full copy of the MC Server Library on connection and then synchronises some changes back to the Server, while a DLNA Client does nothing like that.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up