INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AZLyrics Problems  (Read 715 times)

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
AZLyrics Problems
« on: May 08, 2019, 08:49:40 pm »

Any plans to let us configure which sites are used?

My main concern is using AZlyrics. This is one of my go to sites when I manually look up lyrics and I don’t want to get banned from the site. So My preference is to turn this site off in MC.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
Re: AZLyrics Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 09:02:39 pm »

Any plans to let us configure which sites are used?

My main concern is using AZlyrics. This is one of my go to sites when I manually look up lyrics and I don’t want to get banned from the site. So My preference is to turn this site off in MC.

Totally agree.

bwaldron

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 02:01:14 pm »

Yeah. Too late for me, as I got banned from AZLyrics after using the lookup feature in MC, and now can't use it manually as I used to regularly.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 02:21:33 pm »

Yeah. Too late for me, as I got banned from AZLyrics after using the lookup feature in MC, and now can't use it manually as I used to regularly.

My guess is that many, if not most,  people who have used the MC lookup feature are now banned from AZLyrics. 

The sad thing is that the JRiver team does not seem to see this as a problem.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 02:29:38 pm »

My guess is that many, if not most,  people who have used the MC lookup feature are now banned from AZLyrics. 

The sad thing is that the JRiver team does not seem to see this as a problem.
Why would you say that?  Any evidence?  I'm not seeing many reports of problems.  And if there are problems, have you talked to AZLyrics?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 02:59:46 pm »

Why would you say that?  Any evidence?  I'm not seeing many reports of problems.  And if there are problems, have you talked to AZLyrics?

This topic has been discussed over and over again.  I even started a discussion here before the feature went public.  I have seen little if any interest from you in addressing the problem. It is a problem for lots of people and you do nothing to try to mitigate it. Your one suggestion was to send AZLyics money - a solution that is not possible when you cannot access their website and is not a good solution anyway.

How do you talk to AZlyrics when you are banned?  As I remember you tried once and, from what I could tell, got nowhere.

There are solutions that JRiver could implement - like removing them from the search since most people get banned anyway. Or, at least let users select which sites to use. That has been suggested, but there seems to be little interest in providing that option.

Why did I say that? Because this is a known issue that you are well aware of. And there has been no action on your part to fix it.

Please, prove me wrong. Give your users a solution to this problem that you created.

Sorry to be so blunt, but the lookup feature has created a problem for people who use that site. Please address it.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 03:01:59 pm »

If you have a problem with AZLyrics, please talk to them.

If you don't like the implementation in MC, don't use it.

You have zero idea what we do internally, so please don't make judgments about it.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 03:05:07 pm »

This change was made a few hours ago:

2. Changed: During lyrics lookup, AZLyrics is used third instead of second (so will rarely be accessed).

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 03:55:03 pm »

For more obscure artists the lyrics may not be on any of the websites, which means AZLyrics does get accessed.  Or if a name is spelled wrong, the search will still get to AZlyrics, which can result in people getting banned.  Why not let people turn it off totally? Or, better yet, delete it from your search.  Since most of your users who do much lyric searching are probably already banned, it serves little real purpose.

AZLyrics is a bad website. It bans people after just a few automatic lookups, which makes it pretty useless as an automated lookup site. I cannot see it doing much good for most users and can cause people who do want to use it occasionally being banned.

I just do not see the advantage of having it in your lookup list, but I do see the harm it can cause to your users.

swiv3d

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2019, 04:02:30 pm »

Although I have little personal interest in lyrics, I would concur with dtc that it is bad business policy to cause your users unnecessary strife. Just my humble opinion 'rubs hands in a self demeaning manner and exits stage left'  :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up