INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 25 changed MP3 tags  (Read 405 times)

IAHawk

• Recent member
MC 25 changed MP3 tags
« on: May 13, 2019, 11:01:23 am »

I was going through my audio library in MC 25 trying to make a playlist and noticed that it messed up all of my files. I was making a Rush playlist and was looking to make one with only the studio albums before "Hold Your Fire", but I notice that all the Rush albums have the same year. This prompted me to do some checking with other artists and the same thing, every artist I have have that I have multiple albums from MC 25 changed the year to one single year, not necessarily the same year as Rush but a random single year. Why did this happen? Anyone else have this problem? How can I prevent this and change it to the correct year without having to go through all my MP3's manually?

Thank you

swiv3d

Re: MC 25 changed MP3 tags
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 03:52:19 pm »

I have MC25 installed and I just checked my mp3 library and find that all of the years are correct for all of the albums - so I would assume that something else is going on in your machine. You could do a library backup and then try a restore from a MC24 library backup to see if the album dates are correct there.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 25 changed MP3 tags
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 05:53:28 pm »

MC won't change your tags unless you tell it to.

You could try restoring a backup.  MC makes them automatically.
Pages: [1]   Go Up