INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to display chapters in MKV Video Files?  (Read 1372 times)

HamDog

• Recent member
Possible to display chapters in MKV Video Files?
« on: May 27, 2019, 12:53:04 am »

I have ripped my concert DVD & BluRays to mkv and they all reside in their own folder on my drive.  I have imported those files into JRiver.  They display and play without any problems. 

When I click on a concert video in the top pane, I want it to list all the chapters in the bottom pane.  Kinda like with regular music albums.  Is this possible?  And if yes, could I edit the names of the chapters?  It would be nice to go to a certain track.  I know JRiver recognizes the chapters because as I play these concert videos, I can use the next track button to jump to the next track.  Would like to pick it on the bottom pane if possible.

And if this can't be done with mkv files, would it be possible to rip in other formats and make this happen?

Thanks for the help!

Peter M

• Recent member
Re: Possible to display chapters in MKV Video Files?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 03:00:12 am »

Most recently discussed here -

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120543.0.html

Cheers,
Peter

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

HamDog

• Recent member
Re: Possible to display chapters in MKV Video Files?
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 01:28:47 pm »

Thanks for the responses.  This past weekend, I have been experimenting with Particles.  I love the principle behind it and it serves the purpose very well.  I've been using the "manual" method as I couldn't quite grasp the "Utils" program method and getting chapter info from the web.  All I can say is that it's a daunting task when you have more than a hundred mkv concerts.

So far, I've been using MediaInfo to get track names and chapter times.  Then I manually have to enter these, one by one, into Particles.  I'm hoping that future version of JRiver will help streamline this process.  It appears the info is already in the mkv file since MediaInfo can pull it up.  Wish JRiver could pull up that info as well, or allow importing it in an easy fashion.  At the very least, allow entering multiple Particles at a faster pace like a spreadsheet, rather than going through menu items every time. 

BTW, my main purpose is to create playlists of various tracks from different concerts.  So gapless is not important to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up