INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Automatic" option for "Cleanup time-shifting folders"?  (Read 1027 times)

DeaneG

• World Citizen
"Automatic" option for "Cleanup time-shifting folders"?
« on: June 05, 2019, 07:57:24 am »

Once in a while I remember to cleanup time-shifting folders on a NUC we use as a DVR in the kitchen. Sometimes I don't remember for a long time, and the NUC's small SSD slowly fills with leftovers. Could an option be added to periodically automatically run the cleanup tool without asking, or to always run it without user input when the program is started? I have no use ever for these files.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Automatic" option for "Cleanup time-shifting folders"?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 08:27:07 am »

Great idea! I never have any use for these files either. And I actually never use the feature inside of MC, because there's no Theater View option setup on my Server. I just end up browsing the shared folder from my laptop to check/delete the files.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

DeaneG

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 05:23:04 pm »

Thank you Yaobing!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 09:21:13 pm »

You are welcome!
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jachin99

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 09:18:39 am »

I'm not entirely sure how JRiver stores these files but if I enable this will JRiver cleanup recorded TV and Movies as well?  It looks like timeshifting, and recordings are stored in the same folder but I could be mistaken.  Thanks. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 10:40:29 am »

I'm not entirely sure how JRiver stores these files but if I enable this will JRiver cleanup recorded TV and Movies as well?  It looks like timeshifting, and recordings are stored in the same folder but I could be mistaken.  Thanks.

No.  This option only cleans up "orphaned" time-shifting/recording folders.  From time to time, when you stop playing a channel in time-shifting mode, or when you delete a recording that was done in JTV format, MC might have trouble deleting all files and might leave some files in folders.  These folders can accumulate over time.  I added an manual option to clean up these folders a while back, and recently I added the option to clean them automatically (once per day).

The option will not delete your recordings that you want to keep.  It deletes those that can not be played (i.e. folders that include only part of the files needed, and are missing key components).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up