INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Player window tweaks  (Read 2506 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
NEW: Player window tweaks
« on: June 05, 2019, 11:02:33 am »

With the latest MC25, it now can display artwork in the player bar.  Enable it by right-clicking in the player and choosing "Show artwork".

We also added the option to left align the text (same menu).

We were really pleased with these suggestions, so thank you for that.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
Re: NEW: Player window tweaks
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 12:18:30 pm »

I want to add a thing if it is possible. On the first iteration the album art was on left, but now is on the right side and that space is quite cramp now, with search bar, and on left of the album art you have that three buttons. Isn't better if you choose to move the album art again on left and now you have also the text aligned to the left, and maybe moving that three buttons bellow the search bar. That way you can have some space there and not be cramped. And that way you can enlarge the album art. I've made a mock up with how it looks this way.
Just a suggestion.

Castius

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 07:49:54 pm »

I would agree with this.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 12:55:37 am »

This definately requires a bit more attention, I think...

Dark skins are, generally, OK-ish.
Try a light skin, defaults are always a good starting point. "Green Eyes" or "Z" for example, look odd to me. A bit like its been stuck on with velcro and could fall off at any time. This is most likely caused by the thumbnail drop shadow effects.

My Knit-Knots skin looks ridiculous. Lovely big cover art image, but sadly, looks ridiculous. I've tried to fix that but having no success. I will need to spend a bit more time thinking about this one.

Now, even worse, IMVHO, is, try turning the thumbnail off... Looks really really bad now...

Skins such as the Modern Cards variants (and Knit-Knots) are OK as they don't have a defined Playerbar Display area, but skins like Green Eyes, Z, and the popular Black & Blue Too skin simply don't look right with their well defined Playerbar Displays butted right up against the left edge of the search field.

Thoughts?
Let me know if you want screen shots.
I don't want to start editing skins untill things have settled down inside of MC.

-marko.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 12:05:18 pm »

Just to put it in this thread as well, next build will have the right-click option "Left Align Image".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 03:57:20 pm »

Awesome, I think left will look better as well.  Thanks for all your work on this Matt.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 04:04:16 pm »

Thanks guys, very nice feature added.
GO AHEAD!
Wake up and slow down 😴

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 04:09:49 pm »

Big Labinski, I approve of your musical selection ;D

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 04:28:04 pm »

Dear Moe, i still in the cloud and much more of crazy and strange one as well.
Wake up and slow down 😴

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 06:45:13 pm »

Hi, I searched for this, but could not find the answer. In SkGe's example with the Goo Goo Dolls above some of the text was in color. Is there a way to do that, or was that a mock up just for fun?

I love the new Player Window Options!

Thanks for the help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 06:47:27 pm »

Right click and choose Left Align.

The color is his imagination, I think.

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 06:54:15 pm »

Yeah, I have done the Left Align. That is what I am referring to that I love (both the text and image on the left)!

If there is no current way to do the colored text it would be a cool new feature!

Thanks as always for the quick reply, Jim! You guys are awesome...

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2019, 10:46:24 pm »

colored text is very possible

as an example

<font size="95"><font color="FF8C00">~[Artist]~[Genre]~Album~[Album]~:[Year]:~Track [Track #]~[Name]~<//font>

just do a google search for color codes and you will find many pages like the one below

https://htmlcolorcodes.com
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 10:53:22 pm »

Just beat me ~OHM~

If there is no current way to do the colored text it would be a cool new feature!

Edit the header area in the player, select "Customise Display", add in html tags to change font colours as desired.

Done.

Search the forum and/or internet for information on html tags for colour changes.

EDIT: Doh! you posted and then edited ~OHM~! Oh well, the facts have been shared.  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 10:55:29 pm »

I'm sure it was you or AD that led me down this path.... :)
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

BigCat

• World Citizen
  • Believe...
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 02:30:43 pm »

Hey, thanks ~OHM~ and RoderickGI! I had a feeling there was a way. I had fun messing with that. It was pretty easy even though I have no knowledge of this stuff. It just took some trial and error patience.

This should be in the wiki (or somewhere? In the settings themselves?). I modified the Player Window years ago and had no idea color and font size can be changed! Probably other stuff, too.

Here is a work in progress (using settings Show Artwork, Left Align both Text and Image, no Spectrum Analyzer. Also I am using the skin "Modern Cards: Dark Edition", with Track Info plugin "Modern Cards: Even Blacker Edition".)

===

Play Mode
Title:
<font size="100"><font color="6699FF">[Artist] <font color="c8c8c8">- <font color="FFFF99">[Name] <font size="75"><font color="c8c8c8">     ////      <font size="115">(Album: [Album]) <font color="6699FF">[Genre]

<font color="FFFF99">[Elapsed Time] // [Total Time]   <font color="c8c8c8">////   [Bitrate (labeled)] .[File Type]   ////   [Number Plays] Total Plays   ////   Current Zone:  [Zone]   ////   Track [PN Position] of [PN Tracks]

===

It makes for a black modern background with subtle blue, yellow, and gray highlights (the colors, etc can be easily modified). Of course there is some redundancy between the Track Info plugin and the Player Window now.

Anyway, thanks to the recent "tweaks" by Team JRiver and everyone else over the years who has contributed! This is awesome!
Pages: [1]   Go Up