INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing iTunes playlists  (Read 635 times)

Madreefer

Importing iTunes playlists
« on: June 10, 2019, 03:42:15 pm »

Hi,
I have about a 3k song iTunes library with 13 playlists. Is it possible to import my music from iTunes playlist by playlist? So far the only option I’ve seen is importing the complete library as a whole which will takes days sorting back out. Also, I have high resolution music downloads on a separate hard drive. Can I import these as well but keep them separate from the iTunes music?

Regards,
Damien

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Importing iTunes playlists
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 03:56:42 pm »

When you import into JRiver it does not move the files, it just creates a database of the files and where they are on your hard drives. You might also look at this:-
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,120942.0.html
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 04:32:22 pm »

You could import, then delete any playlists you don't want from MC.  Read carefully.

Madreefer

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 08:25:05 pm »

I’ll give it a shot. Thx.

Madreefer

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 02:14:19 pm »

So I tried importing iTunes the way it was suggested but it continued to bring in my entire library and not playlist by playlist. So with my entire library in JRiver I created playlists and moved songs into them one by one. Half way through I suppose I did something wrong and the music in the playlists was deleted. So I copied my iTunes library to my external hard drive and there I separated my music back into playlists. Then I dragged entire playlists from my hard drive into JRiver. Worked great until I realized about 20% of my music has DRM protection and won’t play through in JRiver. Is everyone else having DRM issues or just me because of the way I imported iTunes? Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up