INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No tuner available message on Win 10 1903 [Solved -- Windows issue]  (Read 2986 times)

jachin99

• Citizen of the Universe

I have just finished a fresh install of Windows 10 1903.  The only software I have installed is JRiver & HD homerun.  My tuner setup went just fine, and JRiver has made the appropriate firewall entries.  I also enabled Media network, and setup public folder sharing and media streaming on the computer.  When I try to play a TV channel I get a no tuner available message.  What can I do to troubleshoot this?  It worked fine on windows 7 on the exact same machine.  I can view channels through the HD Homerun app.  I'm on MC 250048.  Thanks. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: No tuner available message on Win 10 1903
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 09:48:24 am »

Did you install HDHomeRun driver?  Check out this wiki article: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/TV_Tuners#HDHomeRun

There is also a known issue with the latest Window 10.  Channel scanning does not work.  I am still working on a solution.  Once you get your "tuner not available" issue solved, you need to restore from a backed up library to get your channels.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jachin99

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 09:56:06 am »

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.  I have installed HD Homerun setup, and set bda compatibility to JRiver.  I use WMC for my DVR, and I noticed it was recording something when this happened.  I changed the tuner order and got a channel to play but after I put the computer to sleep, and came back I got the no tuner message again.  This time changing the tuner order didn't help.  I'm going to wait for my recording to finish, make sure all of my tuners are free and try again.  Do you have some ETA on when you will complete your fix?  I'm willing to go back one version of windows if it will be a while.  Thanks. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 09:57:39 am »

I don't have an estimate.

jachin99

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 12:01:03 pm »

I took a look at my update settings and saw KB4503293 was available for download so I installed that.  I went back and tested again and JRiver didn't have any trouble playing live TV.  I then stopped TV on JRiver, and started WMC on a separate PC and started live TV on that.  I went back to JRiver and started Live TV again and JRiver doesn't seem to have any issues playing live TV at the moment.  I wouldn't call this fixed just yet but it might be something to try if your testing things out.  I'll come back if I have more troubles because I'm still not sure of the fix. 

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 02:03:37 pm »

WMC does not care whether any other application is using a tuner, it will just grab it.  On the other hand, HDHomeRun is nice to automatically allocate an available one to which ever application that needs one.

MC will try to find out whether a tuner is already in use.  HDHomeRun provides the info to MC.  If an HDHomeRun tuner is in use by another application, it shows up in MC as "Not available".

It is possible there will be conflicts.  In general it is not a good idea trying to run multiple applications for the same tuners, especially on the same computer.  When running on different computers, you need to be aware where the tuners are being used.

jachin99

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 11:12:17 am »

It's been a few days and I haven't had any problems with jriver since installing that update.  I made a windows backup so I guess I'll see where things go from here.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 11:56:36 am »

I wonder if this Windows issue is causing other TV problems.

DeaneG

• World Citizen
Re: No tuner available message on Win 10 1903 [Solved -- Windows issue]
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 05:22:26 pm »

I also got a "no tuner available" message after installing the latest Win 10 update. I eventually fixed it by re-scanning channels within MC, which went fine. Only one PC out of three had this problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up