INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Studio only available for local zones  (Read 1907 times)

Rod Staples

• Recent member
DSP Studio only available for local zones
« on: June 14, 2019, 06:04:25 pm »

Hi,

I have the problem on many films where the speech is far too quiet or the effects are far too loud and I have to keep using the volume control all the way through.

I've been able to setup a vst compressor to bring the volume of the loud parts down to match the speech and it gives perfect results on the local player, but when want to apply it to the dlna Samsung TV in 'playing now', I click the DSP Studio button but it says 'DSP Studio only available for local zones'.

So I'm stuck. Is there no way around this?

Rod

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DSP Studio only available for local zones
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 08:35:15 pm »

You may not have your speakers set correctly.  Try Windows Control Panel > Sounds.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 05:37:21 am »

DSP Studio for DLNA is in a different location as it's associated with the DLNA server not the renderer

see Options > Media Network > DLNA Servers > Audio > Advanced > DSP Studio

Rod Staples

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 06:17:34 am »

DSP Studio for DLNA is in a different location as it's associated with the DLNA server not the renderer

see Options > Media Network > DLNA Servers > Audio > Advanced > DSP Studio

Thanks for your answer. It helped me get a stage further.

I've found the dialog in Options > Media Network > DLNA Servers > Audio > Advanced > DSP Studio
I've added the Generic DNLA server.

But now what? How do I make DSP Studio I just added, get used when I play a video?

When I play a video on the DLNA TV, if I open up the generic DNLA server I just added, I can see the meters are idle on the plugin. i.e. no audio going through.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 07:42:40 am »

You need to associate your DLNA Zone with the server you created.

If you right click on your renderer (zone) it will give you an option to associate it with available servers.

Rod Staples

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 09:23:01 am »

If you right click on your renderer (zone) it will give you an option to associate it with available servers.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe getting closer.

I found the option you specified, but it has no entries, just a greyed out 'Only one server, used by default.' See attachment.

It's as if the generic dlna server I defined earlier wasn't saved, but it must have been saved as I can go into options > media network etc. and display it.

Rod Staples

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 07:41:39 pm »

I've had a further play around, and by adding another generic DLNA server, I was then given a choice of 2 servers to associate it with. That allowed me to choose the server I added with the plugin which proves the right one is associated.

But still there is no signal going through the DLNA server's DSP.

I've search google, the forums, the help manual, I'm completely at a loss.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 11:48:38 pm »

Under Tools - Options - Media  network is "Use this Media Network..." checked? and under "Advanced" is "DLNA Server..." checked?

Rod Staples

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 04:23:00 am »

Under Tools - Options - Media  network is "Use this Media Network..." checked? and under "Advanced" is "DLNA Server..." checked?

I believe so (although the wording is slightly different), see the screen shot below.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 06:23:13 am »

Ok I’m not sure now. Looking closer at your query I can see you are trying to apply DSP settings under the Audio tab to a video file, so maybe that’s why it’s having no effect?

I’m not even sure you can apply DSP to DLNA video but happy to be corrected. I’ve never attempted it.

Rod Staples

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2019, 07:52:00 am »

Ok I’m not sure now. Looking closer at your query I can see you are trying to apply DSP settings under the Audio tab to a video file, so maybe that’s why it’s having no effect?

I’m not even sure you can apply DSP to DLNA video but happy to be corrected. I’ve never attempted it.

It's not under the audio tab, its the media network tab. I know its not very clear with that skin, but if you look closely you can see media network is a bit whiter.

But anyway, thanks for trying.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2019, 08:15:50 am »

Yes I realise it’s under Media Networks, but inside there audio and video DLNA settings are separate. It looks as though you are configuring the DSP studio for an audio connection only, so video files won’t be affected.

blgentry

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2019, 01:28:27 pm »

The Audio part of the "configure DLNA servers" is the right place to do this.  I'm not sure if this applies to video files or not though.  I notice that in that audio/advanced section (where the DSP is) it enumerates file types.  ...and none of those file types are video types.  So this may or may not work at all.  Maybe someone else can comment on this.

Brian.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2019, 04:18:30 pm »

Hi Rod,
It isn't really a good idea to put up a picture with your music server access code in full view of all and sundry.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2019, 04:20:21 pm »

Certainly how it appears, DSP is for audio files only, but again happy to be corrected.

@Rod perhaps send some audio files to the Renderer and see if the Studio plugin fires.
Pages: [1]   Go Up