INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong build runs  (Read 687 times)

roger711

Wrong build runs
« on: June 16, 2019, 05:42:55 pm »

An issue I am having since build since 25.0.48.  I try and update media center. It updates just fine to the most recent build. When it opens after the update it is the most recent build. When I sutdown and restart MC, it reverts back to the previous build. In this case it build 48.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Wrong build runs
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 06:05:43 pm »

Maybe the second time, you're running the install file for MC25.0.48.

roger711

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 07:47:46 pm »

I am still having the same issue.  I upgrade Media Center from build 48 and after it opens after the update is is the correct build.  When I shut it down and restart it, it reverts back to the old build which is 48.  Any suggestions how to remedy this?  The only remedy that seems to work for me is completely uninstalling Media Center and reinstall it fresh.  But I only get a certain number of clean installs and don't want to use them up.  Any suggestions? Thanks.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 08:15:27 pm »

How are you starting up MC after the update? If you have a shortcut in the toolbar or on the desktop it may be to the old version. Delete that and set up a new shortcut to the new version.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 08:18:23 pm »

You don't get a limited number of fresh installs, as long as your licence is already installed, unless you are doing a complete uninstall including the registry settings. If you are doing a licence restore after every fresh install, you are doing it wrong.

It is most likely that you are installing a later version, which will work fine for the first run, and then later you are launching MC using the wrong icon, which refers back to version 48. That should only happen if you installed the new version in a non-standard location. Unless you change from the 32 bit to the 64 bit version of MC.

My guess is that you were running the 32 bit version of MC up to version 48, then you switched to the 64 bit version, which is installed in a different location to the 32 bit version. Then on subsequent launches of MC after the installation, you are using the icon for the old 32 bit version.

It is normal to be able to have both the 32 and 64 bit versions installed and runnable at the same time. You just need to sort out which icon in Windows to use to launch the new version of MC.

EDIT: BigSpider beat me. I'll leave the above though because it explains how it may happen.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 08:24:39 pm »

As always RoderickGI has provided a much more in depth analysis of the situation.  :P You have to love him!!
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 10:40:00 pm »

;D ;D ;D

But I write long posts, and so as above, I get beaten to the "Submit" button by short posts.  8)
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up